This is the Message Centre for Tilly - back in mauve

I'm mad

Post 1

Tilly - back in mauve

Yesterday a teacher came into my classroom and said something like this: "Tilde, I heard you could play and sing. Would you like to be the entertainment in a big get-together for people against drugs on Thursday?"

Well, I had never done anything like it. Sure, I had sung on the stage before, but never alone. This was something noone would expect me to do. Who knows, maybe it'd reach all the way to Eidsvoll, so the as*holes there would get that Tilly has moved on. I'll do it!

It's as easy as that.

I'm barking mad.

She didn't say, however, that I would be the ONLY entertainment and that I should be the warm-up for some political person's speech. Think about it; this huge mass of people marching all night, they'll arrive at the outside-stage, where I'll sing/play "Big Spender"! Or, "sing" is the wrong word. "Screech"'s so much better.

I've practised all day, but it still won't sound right. I can't get as high on the "Hey! Big Spender" line and there's no chance of going down.

I could realy need some words of encouragement, for every nerve in me are all chopped up. I want to call someone and say that I can't do it, but that was exactly what I said I wouldn't be doing, to show how much courage I've got.

HELP!

I'm mad

Post 2

Researcher 181025

hi .
There are moments that define us, or, have those moments defined by us.
You'll be Kick ass! But you already know that!
Your not mad,your beautifully gifted.

I'm mad

Post 3

Tilly - back in mauve

Thank you! smiley - smiley

All done now. I sang my heart out, got my money and split, hardly knowing what I had done. I survived, after all!

Weird how a litttle pep-talk from a stranger zould vcheer me so much up! Again, thank you! smiley - smiley

I'm mad

Post 4

Researcher 181025

My pleasure.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tilly - back in mauve

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more