A Conversation for Strokes

Treatment in a stroke unit

Post 1

Chibi Kei-kun

Treatment in a Stroke Unit is an effective intervention for strokes. Stroke Units are wards or areas of hospital which are staffed by people who are interested in strokes, and focus on rehabilitation.

The strong focus on rehab, along with motivation on the part of the patient, can make a huge difference to speed and degree of recovery.

Or so they taught us anyway.

Post 2

Amanda

That is very true. With my father's last stroke, they placed him in a special ward that provided him with everything from motivational tapes to an on-call psychiatrist. smiley - winkeye It's a good thing that the medical world is finally realising that stroke is not a "symptom" or "side affect", but a very real and potentially fatal illness in itself, and that treatment should involve the body -and- mind.

Post 3

neohellen

i found my treatment in hospital following a stroke poor i was 38 and put with much older people that couldn't be helped.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more