A Conversation for Zeno's Paradox

Not Xeno's paradox.

Post 1

Lee_JH_Walker

The arrow bit is wrong. Xeno says that at any given moment the arrow must occupy a specific position, and therefore is not moving. This is not the first time I've read crap on here, don't edited entries get checked over to ensure the information is accurate?

Not Zeno's paradox.

Post 2

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

Wrong paradox.

The Entry promises 'the basic arrow example' [sc. of the stadium paradox] (immediately followed by the Achilles & tortoise version, with an Aesop flavour for no obvious reason); it's not the paradox of motion which Zeno himself characterised in terms of an arrow in flight.

Not Zeno's paradox.

Post 3

Lee_JH_Walker

Whatever you want to call it - Xeno's paradox or 'the basic arrow example', it's wrong. Where did you research this? 'The basic arrow example' is not as you have described, but is in fact the version that I have put forward.
The obvious flaw with the way you set up the paradox has already been pointed out in an earlier entry "The fact remains that *almost nothing* is still *something*;" i.e. there is no paradox in what you describe.

Not Zeno's paradox.

Post 4

Read my previous post again.

Not Zeno's paradox.

Post 5

Lee_JH_Walker

WTF. You won't pass that exam if it's on philosophy.

Not Zeno's paradox.

Post 6

*Gives up, unsusbscribes.*

Not Zeno's paradox.

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

Lee, be careful before you describe someone else's work as crap.

Zeno was responsible for four different paradoxes. What is described here is one of them. You seem to think that it is rubbish because it is not describing another of Zeno's paradoxes, but that's not what this article is talking about.

Key: Complain about this post