A Conversation for Joy Division - The Band

A541081 - Joy Division - The Band

Post 1

Transmission

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A541081

Please review my entry about Joy Division.

There are currently no entries about this important UK band, and I believe that there should.

I love the band and have thoroughly researched the subject.

Thank you.

Transmission.

Post 2

xyroth

how about adding a link to the oficial website?

Post 3

Transmission

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will be more than happy to be corrected on this, but I don't believe that there is an official web site for Joy Division.

Factory records was taken over by London Records who, in turn are owned by Warber Brothers.

There was an "official" site whilst they were promoting their "Best Of" album, but the site has now disappeared.

There are plenty of unofficial sites, and if you can find an official site I'd be happy to include a link.

Thanks,

Transmission.

Post 4

Huw (ACE)

Not a bad entry at all, but you use first-person at the end. How about using the blockquote tag to indicate your personal opinions?

Post 5

HappyDude

There could be an editorial problem with the first peron thing at the end, but otherwise I like it.

Post 6

Transmission

Thanks for everyone's comments.

I must admit, I was unsure about the personal bit when I wrote it, so I've now removed it but added a little bit more text to the paragraph describing the music, and I've added a new sentence at the end.

I also noticed a minor mistake in the track listing, which I've now corrected.

Thanks again everyone.

Transmission.

Post 7

Huw (ACE)

Hey, there's nothing wrong with including personal opinions, as long as you use something like the blockquote tag to differentiate. Take a look at my entry about The Hole at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A540181 to see an example smiley - winkeye

Congratulations!

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Post 9

Huw (ACE)

Wahey! Nice one, Transmission smiley - ok

Congratulations!

Post 10

Transmission

Thanks Huw, and thanks to the "powers that be."

I'm chuffed!

smiley - wow

Congratulations!

Post 11

dave

have you heard paul youngs version of love will tear us apart again

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more