A Conversation for Treehouses

Peer Review: A19878529 - Treehouses

Post 1

wildporridge

Entry: Treehouses - A19878529
Author: wildporridge - U7496898

Any suggestions of how to develop this entry further?

A19878529 - Treehouses

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Well, you could tell us something about the origins of the treehouse, I could imagine that some cultures actually lived in treehouses, whether there are regions where inhabited treehouses can still be found, their frequent appearance in films and literature, etc. And I wouldn't say it's only a little boy's dream, why do you think girls don't dream of having a treehouse?

A19878529 - Treehouses

Post 3

Icy North

I really hope you can flesh it out, as it would make a really fascinating addition to the guide! smiley - ok

I think that our modern risk-averse cash-disposable society now goes out and buys expensive purpose-built climbing frames, thereby robbing children of the joy of making a den their own.

smiley - cheers Icy

A19878529 - Treehouses

Post 4

U168592

This has got major potential - would love to see some more! (and I recall little girls enjoying tree-houses too smiley - smiley)

Some anecdotes, references to popular culture (Bart Simpson?), explaining how to build the easy variety, famous tree-forts (Swiss Family Robinson, Tarzan, numerous ecologists who live in some to study animals etc.).

There's loads of ideas and places you could go with this, it's just deciding whther to keep it small and simple or going out on a limb, so to speak smiley - winkeye

A19878529 - Treehouses

Post 5

Wyatt

If you add anything about treehouses in pop culture, like Matt suggested, you could also mention how Calvin and Hobbes (A224759) used a treehouse as the headquarters for their secret society G.R.O.S.S (Get Rid Of Slimey girlS).

A19878529 - Treehouses

Post 6

J

I think Ewoks from Star Wars had tree houses too. They were quite impressive ones, at that.

There's no reason this shouldn't go into the Edited Guide, though. If the author wishes to expand it, great, but this is a perfectly fine entry on Children's Treehouses. I enjoyed it. smiley - ok

smiley - blacksheep

Treehouses

Post 7

wildporridge

Well yes thankyou all for your suggestions.

I shall endevour to expand to popular culture, simple construction methods and the fact that yes, girls can enjoy them too.

Thanks
smiley - winkeye

Treehouses

Post 8

U168592

smiley - whistle

Just to remind you WP that we're still looking forward to seeing this built into a veritable fortress of solitude to stand tall amongst EG Entries...

Treehouses

Post 9

R_O_Shipman

I think that's a good start, but you need to take it somewhere. Definately an area with real potential though.

Oh and plural of roof - rooves? Surely not roofs!

Treehouses

Post 10

aka Bel - A87832164

>>Oh and plural of roof - rooves? Surely not roofs!<<

Plural of roof is roofs. There is no such word as rooves, as I recently pointed out in another entry. smiley - smiley

Treehouses

Post 11

R_O_Shipman

but it sounds and looks so wrong!

Surely we could petition the people of Oxford to get this henious error in our nation's beautiful language resolved. We may also be able to get pork as a verb.

Treehouses

Post 12

Leo

Down in New Guinea there are cultures that live in treehouses. I wish I saved the article so I could give you an exact name, but all I know is that they still practise cannibalism. smiley - biggrin

Treehouses

Post 13

Milos

Flea Market?

Treehouses

Post 14

U168592

Oo, oo! Yes please! smiley - biggrin

Treehouses

Post 15

aka Bel - A87832164

Seconded smiley - biro

Get your pen sharpened, Matt. smiley - winkeye

Treehouses

Post 16

Milos

There 'tis.
F74125?thread=4109505

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more