A Conversation for St Louis Cardinals - Baseball Team

Good additions!

Post 1

transdutch

This is Gavroche in a temporary account since I forgot my password.

When I first wrote this I thought I'd pop in in 2005 and do a 5-year update. But I got distracted. I'm glad somebody else did it.

But the story never ends...

When the paragraph on the 2000s is finished, perhaps in 3 years, we really need to say more on Pujols. The first player in history to start his career with 4 straight seasons hitting over 30 homeruns, 100 rbis, 100 runs, and over .300 batting average. (2001-4) He extended it further in 2005 and 2006. And as of this week, he's hit the 30 homeruns this year. Not sure he'll make the RBIs and Runs. We'll see. He's batting .322.

And something will also need to be said, most likely, about Ankiel. It's looking like his story may have a good ending -- it was looking so freakishly depressing -- but it's early. He's at least earned a footnote.

Good additions!

Post 2

Gavroche

didn't take me too long...

Good additions!

Post 3

broelan

Nice to see you around! I'm glad you're happy with the updates I made. I'm probably not as avid a fan as you are, but I couldn't let it stay up without our latest world series smiley - smiley

I did the best I could and tried not to clash with your style too much. Jodan's done a good job of filling the Guide with lots of baseball stuff, so I made sure to link them up.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more