A Conversation for The H2G2 Dinner Club

Let me get in...

Post 1

flying_imam

Ahhh good company good food and meal, I am begging to you, please let me in...
(Also I cook very good actually....)smiley - cheers

Let me get in...

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi flying_imam and welcome to the Dinner Club!smiley - smiley

Bumblebee (who manages the list of members) haven't been online for some time, but I'm sure that she'll add you once she returns.

Meanwhile - got any yummie recipies to share?

here we go...

Post 3

flying_imam

Turkish Coffeesmiley - coffee
Turkish coffee is a strong coffee made with the darkest roast available. French or Italian roasts are suitable. It is brewed with sugar, except at funerals, when it is presented bitter. A traditional Turkish coffee is prepared with a great deal of care while roasting and grinding, and it is served in espresso-size cups (finjan). Get the darkest roast available, and ask the coffee bean shop to grind it for Turkish coffee use; this is the finest grind available.

1 teaspoon finely ground dark roast coffee for one cup of coffee
1 teaspoon sugar for one cup of coffee
1 cup of water for one cup of coffee

Combine the coffee, sugar and water in a coffeepot. Stir it a bit and when you think it is enoughly stirred heat the coffee mixture until near boiling point.(It must boil if you want high quality, let it boil and near overflow of coffee, take it out of fire.)

Remove from heat, let set for few seconds so the coffee grounds settle down, then pour in finjans of esspresso cups.

Good appetite

PS: where should i put or send recipes by the way?

here we go...

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

Well, there are various ways of sharing recipes

Some people write something for the Edited Guide - you can find information about what is required of an entry intended to be included in the Edited Guide here: Writing-Guidelines

Some people want to share in a more informal way, with maybe a bit more personal touch to the entry - <./>ThePost</.> is a good place for that.

Before starting to write, it's always a good idea to check that nobody else has come up with the same idea for the same subject - I suggest using the <./>Search</.> function for that.

You can find Edited Entries about food here: C124

You can find recipes that have been published in smiley - thepost here: A690815

here we go...

Post 5

flying_imam

thans for all....smiley - magicsmiley - oksmiley - coolsmiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more