A Conversation for The London Underground

Please don't let this Entry fall into disuse!

Post 1

Baldrick

Please, stick your thoughts about the Underground and this entry here. Sort of like an online guestbook. Pleez?

Post 2

The Patron saint of insignificant coincidences

The underground is cool.

(I was going to say something important here, but I don't have time.)

Post 3

Baldrick

So what?
Please, keep this Entry talked about!

Post 4

David St. Hubbins - Keeper Of Quality Footware

For info: I take the Waterloo & City every day. They are currently upgrading the travellator and it's a bit of a nightmare. Be warned.

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I was in London in May. I remember going through a station {and I am going to ask my friend which one} which had the most beautiful paintings on the walls. Murals. I was gobsmacked. I also seemed to be the only one who noticed......

Post 6

Can you remember which tube line it was? Or was it mainline?

Post 7

Baldrick

I have a hunch it was Charing Cross on the Northern - it's been arty since I can remember.

Post 8

Thank you Baldrick smiley - smiley
Yes, it was Charing Cross. Go look, Andy. If you've not seen it & you use the tube regular, it's a refreshing change. Let me know what you think smiley - smileysmiley - fish

Post 9

Baldrick

Shame the line itself isn't as good as the art.

Post 10

Researcher 150488

Sorry to be boring, but I've been using the northern line every morning 5 days a week for the past 4 months (Chalk Farm to Charring Cross - I am one of those who doesn't notice the fancy art work!!) and can only remember 2 occasions when I thought 'Why didn't I get the bus?' - possibly because the bus is even worse. I have heard horror storied of the northern line in it's 'good' old days, but in my experience it's been reasonably reliable and fast (if a bit stuffy). Well done London Underground!!!

Post 11

You really should take the time to look at the artwork. Even get off the train, look around & jump aboard the next....Charing Cross is great.

Post 12

Baker Street is cool too - millions of pictures of Sherlock Holmes' head! One thing though, if you are with someone from the Shires and they point to his picture and say "Who's that?", you may slap them upside the head. It says so in my Boy's Own Book of Sherlock Holmes.

Post 13

{BLUSH}

Post 14

manolan

At South Kensington, there are changing exhibitions of art along the wall of the track, opposite the platform. Makes a change from the Gap adverts.

Key: Complain about this post