A Conversation for The London Underground

Stratford Station

Post 1

benkent

Stratford station in east London is one of the most frustrating stations I have come across. I often spend longer than the journey I am about to commence waiting in line to purchase a ticket from one of the two ticket booths, even at off peak times. Would it not have been possible for a station that's as busy as Stratford to have built more ticket windows. The ticket machines often display a helpful 'Exact Money Only' sign, which is great when you only have a £5 Note - The most frustrating thing about this is that if you buy a ticket that's worth say 90p It won't let you put in a pound and over pay, it simply spits out your money again.

Stratford Station

Post 2

girl from mars

I too use stratford station and i totally agree with you. What gets me is that once you have bought your ticket, after waiting ages, then comes the huge maize of barriers and signs that really do not help at all. The guards look as helpful as a pair of socks. By the time you have found your way to the right platform rage and despiration have been and gone and you could have travelled to where you are going three times.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more