This is the Message Centre for Peta

My dog just died.

Post 1

Peta

smiley - sadface

My poor children are devastated. Mollie has been really ill recently, so this couldn't have come at a worse time.

Poor old Rosie. *sigh*

My dog just died.

Post 2

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

smiley - hugsmiley - cake

My dog just died.

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - cuddle

My dog just died.

Post 4

J'au-æmne

smiley - cuddle aww I'm sorry

My dog just died.

Post 5

Peta

Thanks guys. It's a hard one - Mollie has been in tears all night.

The poor dog was about 13 years old, and was being sick and shaking and was taken to the vet yesterday - apparently she had diabetes really badly and would have to stay at the vet's for two weeks, and even then might not live anyway and on top of that a breast lump that looked malignant as well, so it just wasn't fair to try to keep her going.

Poor old Rosie, she was a good dog. smiley - rose

My dog just died.

Post 6

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

smiley - rose

And some strong smiley - coffee for the mother smiley - smiley

My dog just died.

Post 7

Peta

Gosh thanks, now that is a good idea! smiley - hug

My dog just died.

Post 8

Whisky

It's a horrible situation, regardless of what anyone says along the lines of 'She's better off now' or 'At least she's not suffering anymore' it's not going to lessen the pain...

I suppose the only thing you can say is 'You will get over this' and 'it's alright to be sad about it'...

Good luck anyway Peta...

smiley - hug

My dog just died.

Post 9

Peta

Thanks Whisky, smiley - hug

It's hard when it's the children's first dog - their childhood dog - you always feel kind of special about that one. smiley - sadface

It's just a bad time for Mollie, she's in and out of hospital at the moment anyway, and cuddling up to a dog is a really comforting thing.

She'll feel better in a while but at the moment, bleah! smiley - sadface

My dog just died.

Post 10

Skankyrich [?]

smiley - hug I'm really sorry to hear that, Peta.

My dog just died.

Post 11

pamelamaesteg

Sorry to hear that. When you have pets that long they're such a big part of the family. smiley - rose

My dog just died.

Post 12

I am sorry for your loss. It seems unfair that smiley - dog lives are so short, but they pack a lot of love into each day.

My dog just died.

Post 13

Ångelicweeyin

Oh I am so sorry to hear your news Peta smiley - hug all round.

Get the photos out that she's in, laugh cry do whatever she may not be around in body but definitely in soul smiley - hug

My dog just died.

Post 14

Peta

Thank you all so much for your kind words.

Mollie seems to be getting a bit better about it now - although she still nearly cried when she saw the dogs bowl in the cupboard the other day. smiley - sadface

Thanks for posting - it's really appreciated! Online friends are lovely to have! smiley - rose

My dog just died.

Post 15

Mina

I'm so sorry to hear this, and that I missed it for a while.

smiley - cuddle

13 is a good age for a dog and you and her family did the best for her in her last days.

Sorry to hear about Mollie too. smiley - sadface Hope she gets better soon.

My dog just died.

Post 16

Peta

Thanks Mina,

Poor old Rosie, but it was just kinder to stop her from being in pain in the end, it was a bit of a shock to everyone though because it all came on so quickly.

Thanks for the good Mollie wishes, send my best to J as well. smiley - smiley

My dog just died.

Post 17

U168592

I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost a loved one smiley - crysmiley - hug

By a strange coincidence though here is our new rescue dog we picked up last week -

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2378/2389726858_38ec63389c.jpg?v=0

Her name is Rosie!

Key: Complain about this post