A Conversation for Adoption

Adoption

Post 1

Twiddle (Keeper of Sad Souls)

Hi there
I am a newcomer to h2g2 and I rushed in and posted an entry also on adoption but from a different viewpoint. What now? Do we link up somehow or what?

Adoption

Post 2

post-baroque

I read your entry; the difference is not point of view so much as that your article was opinionated and mine was more of a clinical discussion of the topic, with an oh-so-slightly sarcastic edge to the style.

I pretty much agree with your view, the decision should rest with the mother. I feel that the decision to abort should also rest with the mother, but that's a whole 'nother thread!

--Neil

Adoption

Post 3

GHPB (Keeper Of Spoons).

I am here looking for help.
You both discuss adoption and it is something that i am now to face.

My ex partner and i are considering giving up our child for adoption. I wanted to know whether either of you have been adopted, giving yup a child for adoption or taken in a child for adoption.

it all feels a little over whelming and i dont know what to do.

any advice?

Adoption

Post 4

post-baroque

Hello,

I'd be happy to give you whatever advice I can. My experience is being a child who was adopted at an age approximating 2 months, so I don't recall much about that.

I have many opinions about adoption which I'd be more than happy to share (and did, if I recall correctly, in my original article).

If you and your ex-partner feel that neither of you can care for your child, putting a child up for adoption is quite a noble thing to do.

Don't rule out single parentage too quickly; there may be ways to make it work that you've not thought of.

However, I assume that this is a well-thought-out thought you've thunk. That being the case, the best of luck to you; get in touch with me if you want to discuss further.

--Neil

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more