This is the Message Centre for Barneys Bucksaws

She was my friend . . .

Post 1

Barneys Bucksaws

She was my friend, and my instructor, and I miss her. Her name was Heather, and she was a Tai Chi instructor. More importantly, she was my friend. In September, she told me she had lymphoma, and that it was curable. That was the last time I saw her. On November 27, 2012 my friend Heather passed away.

We'd had hints at the Association that Heather's condition was worse than she tried to make us believe. Her sister flew in from Overseas. That worried us. A phone call to her worried us, she sounded so weak. Last week we heard she'd found a new home for her cat. That was a shock! Gracie was the joy of her life, and I can only imagine how upsetting it would have been for Heather to find her a new home.

Yesterday I got the phone call I was somehow expecting, but dreading none the less. Heather had passed away Tuesday morning.

Today was a Tai Chi class. I debated going, but knew I had to be with the group that had been her class. When I got there, I didn't want to do Tai Chi, but got up and did the set, to honour our instructor, from whom we'd received so much instruction, help, and encouragement. It was such a quiet class. We had a longer than usual tea break so we could talk about Heather, and maybe find some closure. The feeling was that she was there, doing the set with us.

Heather was a quiet, gentle person, who could make you feel like the most important person in the world as she talked to you or helped you. She could give you a workout that left you exhausted, but knowing you'd benefited from her help and correction.

Life will go on. We will remember Heather whenever we do a Thursday morning class, and remember this gentle sweet person we were all honoured to call Friend. smiley - rose

She was my friend . . .

Post 2

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

smiley - candlesmiley - rosesmiley - candle

I am sorry for your loss. She sounds like a lovely person.

She was my friend . . .

Post 3

Barneys Bucksaws

Yes, she sure was! I've only known her for 2 years, but she was the sort that, as someone who'd known her for many years said, you were instantly her friend.

Someone told me after I bravely packed up all my belongings and moved to the East Coast she wanted to be like me when she grows up. When I grow up I want to be like Heather!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Barneys Bucksaws

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more