This is the Message Centre for Barneys Bucksaws

Hurricane Sandy

Post 1

Barneys Bucksaws

Its a sad day for all who love the replica ship HMS Bounty. She was built in Lunenberg, NS and used in the movie Mutiny on the Bounty in 1962, and was featured in Pirates of the Caribbean:Dead Man's Chest.

Early this morning she was reported taking on water, and the crew abandoned ship in 2 life rafts.

The Coast Guard have picked up 14 of the 16 crew members, and the ship is reported as sunk.

At 5:57pm Atlantic time, that's about all the news. I'll try and update when more is known.

She was at Tall Ships in Halifax this last summer, and I went aboard, and took lots of pictures. It was the only time I was able to see her. I had my picture taken with the pirate, and I'm sure glad I did. Its my lasting memory of this beautiful tall ship.

Hurricane Sandy

Post 2

clare

How sad. smiley - sadface Really makes me wonder about our priorities. If we were running our society and government differently, crises like this one would not have to take the back burner to more pressing problems, funding wise. In other words, things like this remind me of really how urgent it is that we need to get our acts together on Planet Earth.

Hurricane Sandy

Post 3

Barneys Bucksaws

6:59 Atlantic time, reported in the Halifax newspaper online: One of the missing crew menbers was found unconscious, and the Coast Guard are performing CPR on her. Still missing is the Captain.

Hurricane Sandy

Post 4

Barneys Bucksaws

7:31pm Atlantic: Sad news: the crew member they found is now confirmed to have not survived. I don't expect the news will be good for the captain, who remains missing. Indeed a sad day.

Hurricane Sandy

Post 5

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

This is sad news. Will put up some prayer flags for the families.smiley - candlesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - candlesmiley - peacedove

Hurricane Sandy

Post 6

AE Hill, Mabin-OGion Character of inauspicious repute

the replica ship HMS Bounty or the lost two lives be as sad as they are;

the billions of dollars lost will be felt 'round the world

many more will die

but why this epic weather

is HAARP a scape goat for some other form of attack on the US

is our world changing in ways we publicly know not

Hurricane Sandy

Post 7

Barneys Bucksaws

October 30, 5:15am update in the Chronicle Herald: The search for Capt Walbridge is to resume this morning. Claudene Christian is confirmed dead. She was a direct ancestor of Fletcher Christian, the mate who seized control of the original Bounty from Capt Bligh in 1789. They're saying at least 1 mast is visible, so there's still hope of selvage of the Bounty.

Hurricane Sandy

Post 8

Barneys Bucksaws

Should have added this: More news at http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Barneys Bucksaws

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more