This is the Message Centre for Good Angel - recently become obsessed to the point of psychosis with the film 'Bio-Dome'

The night I died and went to heaven (well, the Glasgow Barfly)

Post 1

Good Angel - recently become obsessed to the point of psychosis with the film 'Bio-Dome'

Tuesday 2nd March - In the simplest possible terms, avoiding unnecessary emotional outpourings:-
Philly and I are doing promotions for the Eastern Lane at Glasgow's Barrowlands. They're supporting The Libertines, my obsession. We get early entrance to the venue to put up posters. The Libs are just wandering around. We sign Pete Doherty up to the Eastern Lane mailing list. He gives us hugs and his e-mail address. We make best friends with Gary Powell. We end up at the aftershow party at Glasgow's Barfly. Gary is so friendly that he comes back to check up on us every ten minutes, occasionally with another band member in tow. In the middle of a scrum of rabid autograph hunters, Philly feels up Carl Barat and he thinks it was me. Apparently his thighs and ass are 'rock hard', leading to Philly being in a haze for days. Also contributing to the haze was Pete giving her his hotel swipe card (signed), a badge with his face on it saying 'HM Prisons Wandsworth' (also signed), hugging us to have a photo taken and holding Philly's hand for ten minutes while he spoke to other people. Carl hugs me and tells me I'm sweet and empties his pocket into my hand to give me an 'up the bracket' badge and, randomly, a sachet of ketchup, which he is as confused about as I am. We get photos taken with Gary: he hugs Philly like she's about to be operated on. We get photos with Carl: his hair ends up falling all over our faces. He should definitely do shampoo ads.
Then (BEST BIT ALERT): I see my favourite journalist ever Mark Beaumont standing at the fag machine. I have to talk to him, so I tell him I love his work. Turns out he remembers me from a fanzine I used to write for three years ago, and says I have everything it takes to be a music journalist (enthusiasm, determination and a 'unique style of writing'). He says i've to e-mail him everything I ever write in future and he'll be my guru. And when i'm in London i'm to call him to meet up.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahem. We say goodbye to Mark ("Tell Carl I love him!" I yell; "I love him too!" he calls back), and Carl waves and shouts bye to us as he's getting into his taxi.

So: just about the best night of my entire life, and unlikely to be dethroned as such until the next Libertines-related incident comes along. So yes. I am happy. smiley - biggrin

The night I died and went to heaven (well, the Glasgow Barfly)

Post 2

a suffusion of yellow

OH MY WORD!!! you met pete and carl!?!?!?! i am unfortunate enough to have only really heard the libertines right at the tail end, with all the press and the needles and the albion sailing in ever such stormy waters. i wish i had seen them, i truly do! well, all hopes pinned on a reunion, although i wouldnt like babyshambles to split up. they are a lovely band, too. well, dear sir, i hope this finds you well and thst you are still a pete fanatic, else this will all be terribly embarrassing! do get back to me, i get lonely up here in north wales...i know of no other in my area who likes the libertines quite as much as i! peace and love from reverend sam

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Good Angel - recently become obsessed to the point of psychosis with the film 'Bio-Dome'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more