A Conversation for 'Jim'll Fix It' - the TV Series

Favourite Fix

Post 1

parrferris

Possibly the most touching fix-it was the great actor Peter Cushing, whose wish was to have a rose named after his beloved late wife. The moment when he got to see and smell the plant that had been selected was enough to bring a tear to the eye.

Favourite Fix

Post 2

Boys and Cake Girl

Mine is slightly less worthy. It was when Simon Le Bon 'rescued' a girl from her lessons at school and took her away on a white charger. Oh, how I wished it was me.. and Nick Rhodes!! smiley - smiley

Favourite Fix

Post 3

FCL-BW

My favourite was when a boy got to drive a Chieftain tank ... and wrecked it.

I think he cost the British Army about half-a-million quid.

Favourite Fix

Post 4

RedHillian

I remember someone designing an ice-cream, that they then got to make up at a big ice-cream factory (and the subseqent product went on sale as a limited edition at some local shop!)

Favourite Fix

Post 5

LooseCannon

I remember the boy who wanted to see how many standard ballons filled with helium would lif him up into the sky. It was quite a lot I seem to recall.

Favourite Fix

Post 6

samsbudgie

I loved Sindy dOLLS SO i LOVED THE ONE WHEN THE FGIRLS WENT TO THE FACTORY AND SAW HOW THEY WERE MADE. i REALLY WANT TO SEE THAT CLIP AGAIN, i WONDER IF THEY WILL EVER SHOE THEM ON UK GOLD?

Favourite Fix

Post 7

Arcanen

I was on that show with Peter Cushing, and can personally say what a fantastic and genuinely nice person he was, he even took the time to write to me after the show, I still have my badge (slightly jaded)but I do not have a copy of the show itself, has anybody ever had any luck successfully obtaining anything like this from the depths of the BBC?

Favourite Fix

Post 8

eastbourne59

I know of an episode in Jan 1991 where a portrait was painted in a classical style with a young girl portraited, it was called 'pinky'.
What happened to the portrait?

Favourite Fix

Post 9

Judas72

Two that stick in my mind are the chap who was made into a warewolf and the identical twins who were made to look the opposite of each other with one being evil and the other being a goody goody.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more