This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

video request...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Had a phone-call, this morning.... From our PT, who is our boss, and the manager at the gym... smiley - rofl
he's been *gulp* working on new exercises for us to do, once the gym re-opens smiley - yikes they sound.... terrible smiley - snork

He suggested I should don my elf/pixi costume, and do a home-workout, and with William videoing it from his phone... to upload to the gym's account to 'encourage others' to home-exercise... smiley - yikes - I need encouragement to home-exercise... I've done sod-all since this all started; just a walk outside each day, which barely touches the sides, of our normal daily walking amount, and doesn't get anywhere close to the five plus hours of gym exercise I was doing a week smiley - wahsmiley - grovel My resting heart rate has now increased to 60! smiley - yikes that's 8 BPM higher than normal resting HR smiley - wah
I've been doing some single leg squats, across the day, (which I normally do anyhow, e.G., when bending for cupboards etc, or talking off/putting on trousers), and I continue to run upstairs each time I go up to the bathroom or bedrooms, but, really, asides that I've done sod all.

Oddly, it appears no one else has been exercising either; on my Samsung watch, I've crept up the leader-board thing, and now in the top 15 and 20% of age, and all users smiley - wow

video request...

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - goodluck with that and please let us know if and where we can see the result smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

video request...

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Yes, please do!

video request...

Post 4

Just trying to figure out ATM, if we've room to set anything up here.... the front room is big, but with the sofas, and a couple tables in it, there isn't that* much floor... - not sure it'll work in the full Elf costume; its a dress, which might make it awkward for doing stuff on the floor, especially with my legs.... I could probably find a suitable pair of running tights, and a sparkly top... - as it is I'm still trying to muster up the energy to exercise again properly, I'm still a bit achy, from doing weights, a couple days back; and I only did a hundred reps with the bar smiley - doh

video request...

Post 5

smiley - wow in my part of the multiverse that is not only a lot but a whole smiley - bleep lot smiley - wow

smiley - pirate

video request...

Post 6

Two sets, of 100 reps, with the 20 KG barbell, is a standard workout for me, in the squat rack; made up of squats, curls, overhead tricep curls, shoulder presses/overhead press, deadlifts, etc... - useually I then also do a set of various things, either on free weights, or on the cable pulls smiley - blush - if you multiply the 20 KG per rep, by my no of reps, I normally end up lifting more than 5000 KG in a weight lifting session smiley - puff a lot of which are useually squats or bicep smiley - blush - hence I can't get trousers that my legs fit in, or shirts to fit my arms/back, anymore smiley - laughsmiley - blush - I think our boss has forgotten about the video idea... thank bob smiley - zen

video request...

Post 7

Awww, that's too bad smiley - cry

I forced myself to walk 4.6 kilometres yesterday in spite of a sore ankel (because arthritis). Did me good smiley - ok

Today I took the bike out for an 18 kilometres ride thorugh the countryside in the best weather so far this spring. Did me even better smiley - smiley

Celebrating with an smiley - ale or smiley - alesmiley - ale now before meeting friends for a chat and a drink - not necessarily in that order smiley - cool

My eldest seems to have quit smoking alltogether now and reports having run 32.63 km in 2:51:55 hrs. While doing so he smashed his own personal best half marathon record by running the first 21.1K in 1:50:32.

I told him I was impressed, of course, but hat it pleased me even more that he had stopped smoking smiley - love

smiley - pirate

video request...

Post 8

smiley - wow you are still able to meet up with people? do you have bars open?! smiley - grovelsmiley - envy

Yes, good news on their having quit smiley - zen - I've not smoked now, for.... five years? Mind, still miss it smiley - laugh though I'd never take it back up again now smiley - zen

video request...

Post 9

I can meet in private with up to 9 others, but we are rarely more than four at a time and we sit outside. Usually in a private garden.

Bars are closed sadly smiley - cry

The upside is I have saved a bundle smiley - laugh

smiley - pirate

video request...

Post 10

Baron Grim

Heh, right!?

I'm saving money and for the first time in over a decade my recent blood tests showed my triglyceride level drop from astronomical to just a bit high. smiley - laugh

video request...

Post 11

I'm saving a bunch too.... smiley - 2cents just dieing of bordum and tedium smiley - yawn and all the huge mammoth weight of full on fatigue has returned, now I'm so far away from the last time I had any proper exercise... turns out all the walking we can do just isn't enough, smiley - doh well, at least it does prove the gym exercise was the thing that fixed the chronic fatigue, and the fluid retention/oedema smiley - bruised being tired too doesn't help the fatigue, not slept since... several days back smiley - yawn
Here at least we've noticed the last week or so, the traffic has returned to almost what it was before the lock-down, so obviously people with cars are starting to ignore the lockdown I guess... though BoB knows where they're finding to travel too smiley - ermsmiley - weird also, seemingly, everyone else round central town here, seems to be living off take-away food; the numbers of the delivery people on their bikes has sky-rocketed smiley - snork

Key: Complain about this post