This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

The Elephant in the...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

In the.... corner of the room smiley - evilgrinsmiley - evilgrin

Spent some time yesterday, slightly rearranging the front room.... creating a space in the corner of the room.

A corner, which, once this C-19 nonsense is all over, will be filled with; a pedistil (either a suitable salvaged second hand tall table/etc or simular, or I'll make something) drapped in nice shiney shimery cloth, and, thereby, giving space on top of which, for me to....

Put an Elephant in the corner of the room smiley - drool - I think we've already seen the elephant we'll get; its in the window of the currently closed, nearby charity shop, and.... its truly garish... all bright and shiney, and glittery and.... really garish and smiley - laugh I may even get several; one for each corner of the room.

Well. they'll be a talking point, if nothing else smiley - whistle

The Elephant in the...

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I have two elephants in my room. One is 25 centimeters long from trunk to tail and 15 centimeters tall, made of cast iron thus quite heavy even if it is hollow. Meant to be a piggy bank but apparently changed species at one point. It looks like what it's made of. Not decorated.

The other is only 7 by 6 centimeters and made of some sort of black wood but draped in festive fabric covered with small pieces of mirror.

smiley - pirate

The Elephant in the...

Post 3

Baron Grim

Heh... the only elephant I have is Bart, the Elephart. smiley - rofl

It's a "Meany", a parody of the Beanie Babies small stuffed animals that was the craze back in teh... '90s?

It's a small stuffed elephant, with bulging eyes and his front "arms" reaching around to his butt.

I also have Splat, the Road Kill Cat. It's exactly like you think, but cuter; Xes for eyes and a flattened mid section with obligatory tyre tracks. smiley - rofl

Both sit in my "office" at work.

The Elephant in the...

Post 4

Those sound - erm - alternative smiley - rofl

smiley - pirate

The Elephant in the...

Post 5

Baron Grim

They're still available on Amazon and elsewhere.

The Elephant in the...

Post 6

smiley - cool all we have is 'Wilson', in the front room; a big, round inflatable exercise ball, who lives on the sofa, wearing a bowler hat smiley - erm and 'Gloovie' a pair of gloves, who lives in a mystical barge on the quay side (a shelf) next to agragag the whale, next to her two petunias and sitting next to them, is socky 17A and socky 17B smiley - erm upstairs, I've froggy, Bee, cow, unicorn, bear, DH lollypop (a ladybird), and a rabbit smiley - erm Bee and bear sleep in the main bed, froggy and cow in the spare bedroom, and the rest live in the shelf unit along with smiley - erm some hats (they are wearing), and a smiley - erm selection of sex-toys they're also wearing/holding in position smiley - blush Bee has a fear of radiators smiley - erm

The Elephant in the...

Post 7

Apart from the two ellies I also have a parrot and a crocodile. My Estonian friends thought them appropriate for a pirate's abode. I still need Peter Pan's fiancee-to-be and his little jealous friend Tinkerbell.

I also have a lion, a pig, a tiger, a klabautermann* and a so-called celebrity-duck made to look like basketball great Kobe Bryant, who sadly died in a helicopter crash just a few weeks ago smiley - cry

smiley - pirate

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klabautermann

The Elephant in the...

Post 8

Oo… I forgot I've a duck too... it makes noises.... but when it says 'quack quack', it always sounds more like its saying 'bank bank' smiley - rofl DH lollypop, the ladybird, still hasn't recovered from the accident, when, sitting on the landing windowledge, she unbalanced by the weight of her smiley - erm appendage, and fell down the staircase, knocking herself unconscious by the weight and force of the afore-mentioned appendage smiley - whistle

The Elephant in the...

Post 9

You mentioned hats. I forgot to mention mine. My daughter has a habit of bringing back traditional hats and scarves for me whenever she travels abroad. And she's been almost everywhere by now. So among others I now have hats and scarves from places like Cambodja, Colombia, Kenya, Tajikistan and Vietnam. Plus a genuine Panama Hat from Equador. She claims that's where they make the most and best.

And none of them fit me, that's how bigheaded I am smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

The Elephant in the...

Post 10

smiley - laughsmiley - biggrin we've got a lot of hats too... though I only have three I wear regularly, my leather cap, my red berry (however its spelt) smiley - doh and my leather trilby... I've also a proper fitted bowler, which I rarely wear (Wilson the exercise ball wears that), William has an assortment of bowlers, in different colours, plus a deadmans hat, and a few others I can't recall.... I've also an old faux leather porkpie hat, worn by err..... one of the teddybears upstairs smiley - laughsmiley - erm I also have my large, rediculus looking large floppy big brimmed purple hat, but rarely get the opportunity to wear it... it desperately needs a clean smiley - doh

Key: Complain about this post