This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Memory...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - headhurts I've decided there is nothing wrong with my memory. Which isn't to say my memory is what it used to be; its been shocking since I started glucocorticoid steroids; I mean, I just don't automatically remember and recall, accurately a new credit card number, after one reading, or recall scientific papers I've read, after a cursory glance... But, I'm of the opinion now, my memory was so* good, before the hormone changes, it was abnormally exceptional... and now its just above average..... ---
That is, compaired to some other people.... one in particular springs to mind... our manager at the gym.... He has less than a 5 second memory and its getting very frustrating having to repeat things to him all the time smiley - headhurts

Still waiting to start our training to sit the PT/fitness instructor exams smiley - sleepysmiley - groan

Off to gym this afternoon, not for work, but for our own exercising... today is boot camp... its gona be wet outside... we're going to be outside... - my entheusiasm has wained smiley - laugh but I've had a sausage omelette so, its not all terrible, and piri piri chicken is in the fridge, as is a final two portions of chilli smiley - drool and, come to think of it, half a cauliflower to roast too smiley - drool for later smiley - zen

not a lot else happened... planning to meet up with an old school friend tomorrow, who is being radiated at the nearby hospital, and who's terribly boared, so we're going to take him out somewhere, either pub, café or suchlike, depending on how he's feeling... - wonder if he's in the same radiotherapy machine I was in smiley - snorksmiley - weird

Memory...

Post 2

Baron Grim

I have always had a memory like a...

Oh, what do they call those things...

You know... Starts with an "S"...

Steel trap?

No, that ain't it....

You strain stuff with them... all the water comes out of the little holes...

Colander isn't the right word for it. It's like a colander but for smaller stuff I think...

Oh, well, it'll come to me later. smiley - headhurts

Memory...

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Sometimes I have problems with my memory. At other times I have problems with my memory smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

Memory...

Post 4

You can call me TC

I've always prided myself on my good memory but it's getting to be more of an effort these days. I shall make that effort though, seeing my mother's memory deteriorate as it is. Some of the symptoms I recognise, and I hope to prevent mine going like that for as long as possible.

Memory...

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

I, too, notice that my memory isn't what it used to be. Especially when it comes to books. These days, I'm lucky if I remember if I already read the book, let alone what it is about. smiley - senior

Memory...

Post 6

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

My long-term is fine, but its nearly impossible for me to form new memories, and, annoyingly I've discovered why... its the medication that makes me feel like a corpse, everyday when I take has devastating effects on the brains ability to create new memories... it calso cause dementure long-term and increase the chance of other neurological problems, so its a pity I'm on it for life smiley - shrugsmiley - weird I've still got a better memory than the people we work with at the gym though... which is kinda frightening smiley - laughsmiley - ermsmiley - headhurts

Memory...

Post 7

Baron Grim

An interesting concept I learned not too long ago...

Every time we access an old memory, we alter it. It's like we pull it out of ROM, look at it and re-assess it changing small details, smoothing some over, forgetting others, and place the new image back into ROM.

Oft remembered things aren't really remembered. We remember the last version of the story we tell ourselves OF that memory.

Memory...

Post 8

Baron Grim

Here's an article about this. http://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/am-i-right/201307/your-memory-isnt-what-you-think-it-is

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more