This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

The great declutter. (and a random cardiologist)

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - alienfrown

The declutter started between Christmas and new year smiley - zen - that saw the two massive cupboards in the utility room (one is walk in, under stairs cupboard), totally de luttered smiley - zen

Hallway has three items in it, for collection (about as much as we can fit by the front door, and still easily get in/out), an old set of drawers, a cardboard box, full of cardboard, and another box, full of 'stuff'.... actually the box of stuff, largely seems to contain no longer required, past it, kitchen storage plastic/glass etc smiley - erm

Neighbour over road, has taken a massive amount of wood stuff from our loft (we carried it to her's), mainly old bed bases, shelves, etc, - for her wood fire smiley - zen

and, I've fulled one massive box, with cables, old computer harddrives, etc., etc., port replicators, and a million million USB and kettle cables smiley - laughsmiley - zen

next to arrange collection of the 'rubbish' in hall; then to arrange collection of teh computer stuff, including one tower, one monitor, and the massif box of computer stuff.

I've a random cardiology appointment monday. no idea what for, not my normal cardiology thing, so no clue smiley - ermsmiley - shrug

Post 2

E-mailed off for a couple of quotes for clearing the junk already in the hallway, and checked the price for the ocuncil to collect smiley - zensmiley - 2cents

Added four old internal PC harddrives (non working), and two laptops, to the big box of computer junk in the front room, to add to the PC tower, and old monitor, which will be for a second collection (free), for computer/electronics recycling smiley - zen

may leap into the loft, and try source the huge pile of old floppy discs, I'm fairly sure I still have lurking about smiley - laugh

once these first two lots are gone, the next is the cassette recycling game smiley - wah about a million cassettes that is smiley - laughsmiley - snork - we think we've got a free route to get them to the recycling centre, so they can be recycled, otterwise, we'll have to contact council, pay for them to be taken away, and thrown into landfill smiley - huh - yes, the council won't collect them for recycling at the council recycling centre, - apparently your only eligable to recycle if you own a car smiley - huhsmiley - shrug - anyhows, the barmaid we know at our local, said she'd do some trips with us to rec ycling if we want smiley - zen

Then there is a bunch more furnature in the loft to go; but only after the old witch over the road has recieved the last of the wood from our loft, for her wood burner smiley - zen - then we can access the further darker, depths of the loft... and no doubt move on to the next loads of junk for dumping smiley - groan 0 - we're going to end up with a lot to take to charity shops too, I've a feeling there is a lot of old kitchen stuff lurking, plates, etc smiley - erm and.... goodness knows what .... probably more old computers too I guess smiley - groansmiley - puff

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I admire your energy. I haven't even half finished The Great Book Cull of 2014 smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Post 4

To be fair; half this junk.... was some stuff left by lodger, lurking at back of cupboards in the utility room (the empty cardboard boxes), and the rest... esp the computer stuff; is very* anchient, I mean, I've a PC tower, there, which dates, I think, from 1995 smiley - laugh - its got DOS 6 on it! smiley - laughsmiley - snork the laptops, are not quite as old, but very dead, and probably XP or something smiley - alienfrown

We need this declutter, to free up some spare storage space, for when we have the bathroom, utility room, and kitchen refits (hopefully all this year) smiley - grovelsmiley - zen

Post 5

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

If you have any planters (or anything that would work for one) be sure to keep one for your redwoods!

Post 6

Yes! - I'm hoping to find a neat pile of large pots/planters.... - I do recall them entering the loft, a long number of years... probably decades, ago smiley - laugh just hoping they've survived previous sort-outs... - there is a large pot already on the balcony, I think... though I've no idea what state of functionality, that is in smiley - grovel - fialing which, we're not far from a big DIY and garden centre, which is a walking distance away (hopefully from where we can get some suitable potting compost etc smiley - zen

Post 7

Another batch of wood from the loft.... old shelving slats, from a wooden shelf unit that belonged to my lodger, and the last few bits from a wooden bed base, gone smiley - zen (to the wize Woman, over the road... we're sure she's really a witch smiley - witchsmiley - blackcat - plus a shelf unit (that I put together, so is decent), put back into service; awaiting W to populate it with books.... - just one more batch of wooden lodger's shelving (so badly put together its not worth keeping to use as shelving) smiley - zen

Boxes in hall ready to go to council collection, Wednesday, computer junk mounted up ready to arrange recycling collection...

And we've enough space in loft now, so I can reach the huge boxes of old cassettes (mainly audio text books from my University and college days), to be taken to dump for recycling, with the bar maid, soon after the council junk, and computer recycling is delt with

Then, there are some boxes of 'general junk' to drag out, and sort through, and dump, charity shop, or recycle as appropiate, or possible smiley - zen
Then there are boxes and boxes of William's books, to be more neatly stored than they are currently, so they can be out on to shelves, once more work is done to house, and we've got shelving up smiley - zen

not sure... beyond that... still seems other things lurking in the loft.... at least two or three guitars to get rid of, of no real value, and I doubt I'll ever play them now, as I've a decent bass nad electric guitar I use all the time now, plus the one old electric vintage thing, I'm keeping smiley - zen

Oh, and we got the banjo-uke out a few days back... a week or so ago actually, and after chatting to the so-called musitions at the local uke band thing, at our local pub, we've a name and number of a uke repairing local sort, who will hopefully have a look at it, and see if its worth fixing, and hopefully also price up a repair on it smiley - zen

I think there are some bagpipes somewhere in the loft smiley - yikes not found them yet smiley - laugh

Post 8

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

If we ever get decent internet here (fiber optic cable is being laid, with an estimate of 4-6 weeks--given to me in Octobersmiley - laughsmiley - cross) and your uke is worth fixing, I think I'll (try to) insist on a video call/jam with you and PaperKid...

Post 9

smiley - yikes - so I'll actually have to learn how to play a uke?! smiley - yikes well, its two strings less than a guitar, so how hard could it be smiley - snork - I think its probably worth repairing, its old, and doesn't look in terrible condition; missing one tuning peg, and missing the 'floating bridge', - of course might need a bit of extra work, depending on what its like, once its able to be strung and played... neck seems straight, to me and the skin on the banjo-body seems good and all in one piece smiley - zensmiley - grovel

Post 10

Well, if a self-taught/YouTube taught uke player of just over 2 years can start teaching herself guitar... smiley - winkeye

Post 11

Yeh...... It'd be a pretty poor-show, were I unable too... smiley - erm *thinks* smiley - musicalnote dang... She's going to seriously show me up isn't she?! smiley - laughsmiley - snork

Post 12

Why don't you go take a listen at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCioqTi0nocfh__o35JOgMgg/videos (I'd say skip the sketchbook tours smiley - winkeye )

Post 13

OO... I'll do that in a little while... - currently have a odd mix of things plugged into the laptop... and not sure the amp/speakers is included in that (moving MP3 on to the new phone ATM) smiley - zen

Returning to the 'great declutter 2019;', the council just turned up, and removed the first pile of rubbish smiley - zen - next job today is to phone the computer stuff recycling people, get a date/time for them to collect the massive pile of computer junk smiley - puff then we can move onto the next lot of stuff from the loft.... probably the casettes for recycling smiley - puff

also today, laundry in... and the machine is just started beeping, so I guess its washed, and needs moving to the dryer smiley - runsmiley - diva

Key: Complain about this post