This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Elivated to Elf...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

William has had a promotion too. smiley - evilgrin

William is smiley - santa for the work's Christmas do.... - he got volenteered for it, by 'our glorious leader' (AKA the gym coordinator/manager/our PT).... - Was William's fault really; he foolishly tried on the santa outfit... and as it fitted him he got the job...

I, somehow, that I'm not quite sure, mnore as a joke than anything, told Our Glorious Leader, I'd come as an Elf... a transvestite female Elf.

He of course took this stupid stupid suggestion, and ran with it smiley - groan

I've just ordered a suitably .... belesque Elf set of clothing smiley - laughsmiley - elfsmiley - elf

In otter news, a video of W, doing a outlandishly camp and err... weird, impersonation of smiley - santa is doing the rounds at the gym smiley - laugh - just a good job we've already had our police checks done, and come back clean/clear smiley - laugh

Did our two useual clients yesterday, one of whom is now getting a lot more movement in his arms and legs, despite being a wheelchair user...

Our normal client today is on holiday, so we didn't have that today, but did have our useual PT session with our PT/Our Glorious Leader. smiley - puff Today was running machine for half an hour, some forwards, some backwards, some with incline, followed by leg work; piston squats/single leg squats.
Yesturday I snuck in some upper-body weights, whilst we were working with our clients; 150 lat pull downs, and 150 seated row, at 28 KG, plus I did some reps on the aductor/abductor machine.

My legs ache today now, and my shoulders do too, from yesterday.

Yesturday was a day of weird. lots of weird.

first, our second lient, started chasing another wheelchair user round the gym... no idea why smiley - snork then later, he went off, randomly, in what looked like a bid for freedom, but we found him having shot off into the weights room smiley - huhsmiley - weird

Then, W went to the pharmacy, to pick up his packet, a single packet, of meds.

The pharmacy said, 'do you want your husbands meds whilst you are here'.... W was confused; I'd not ordered any. smiley - erm

No idea how, or why, but W was given 6 months worth of my injectable Growth hormone pens smiley - huh =- we don't even get these from the pharmacy, they useually come in a van, in a prepacked box, full of ice packs etc... smiley - erm

We now have no room in the fridge for food; I do have 9 months worth of Growth Hormone though.... hmm... several thousand pounds worth of it smiley - laugh- just hope it doesn't go out of date before I use it all smiley - doh

Off tomorrow for a short break, back Saturday....

Off tonight, to see a friend from the gym, another wheelchair user, as he is doing a stand up comedy gig at a local pub... - well maybe not exactly a stand up for obvious reasons smiley - dohsmiley - erm

maybe I should buy a new fridge, just for my drugs smiley - groan

OO. just got an E-mail, my Elf ears have been dispatched smiley - elfsmiley - elfsmiley - elf

now, one problem with being an elf at the Christmas works do- I've a hospital clinic app that morning, and we'll come back from that on the bus, getting off just by the gym, at just about the time of the do starting... - so, logically, I guess, I'll have to go to the clinic app dressed as a female Elf. smiley - ermsmiley - erm what, could, go wrong, with that synario smiley - laughsmiley - elf

Elivated to Elf...

Post 2

Baron Grim

smiley - laugh

Elivated to Elf...

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

William has got to get pics of you as an elf so you can post 'em.

That Santa costume must come with lots of padding, unless William is actually Father Christmas, in which case, never mind (actually, I can picture him in a Father Christmas robe, so I'll keep that image in mind unless/until I see pics proving me wrong).

Elivated to Elf...

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Yes! We most definitely need pictures! smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

Elivated to Elf...

Post 5

I fully expect they shall be pictures on FB as soon as smiley - laughsmiley - blush

Well... the costume has arrived... it fits... smiley - elf its rather colourful smiley - blushsmiley - snork

Got back Saturday from the trip away. bits of which were OK, but mainly shadowed over by me spending most of the time rather ill, and just avoiding entering hospital again, with another adrenal crisis smiley - wahsmiley - ill - one of the main disappointments of which, was missing the hotel breakfast on the Friday <wah. and also failing to be well enough to leave the hotel Friday afternoon, to meet up with one friend, though I did get to see the other friend, on the night we arrived smiley - zensmiley - wah - was not 100% sure I was going to make the train trip home, but luckily did, and afctually felt somewhat better by the time we got in to Cambridge; despite there not being the direct train running, and we had to do a detour via the middle of nowhere station to change to a local service into Cambridge... smiley - erm

Too rubbish today though, to face the gym smiley - wahsmiley - ill just hope I'm recovered for later in the week, hospital app Friday morning, then the works party on the afternoon, and then we've somehow got an invite to a paid for meal for a local charity on Saturday, as we've a neighbour who works for them, smiley - ermsmiley - weirdsmiley - sleepy

Elivated to Elf...

Post 6

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Here's hoping you'll feel better soon smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

Elivated to Elf...

Post 7

Just feeling as 'good' as I did earlier this year.... or mid/end of last year would be nice... As things stand currently, unless I improve, I doubt I'll want to contemplate travelling again, anywhere, even just like this short weekend away, a couple hours away on the train, if I can't be sure or pretty-much sure, I'm not going to end up so ill, whilst away from home, and stuck in a hotel room etc smiley - ermsmiley - wah

Still copying files over from the old HD to the new external HD... smiley - puff

Elivated to Elf...

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

I hope one of your Endocrinology Appointments gets you some answers soon about what is going on, as it is all very strange indeed that what *should* be the case isn't what you're experiencing smiley - sadface Glad you managed to avoid hospital, anyway...

I saw the photo of you in the smiley - elf costume - colourful indeed! smiley - snork

Elivated to Elf...

Post 9

smiley - biggrin yes, the Elf pictures are on FB and twitter, now I think... may get W to take another photo of me, in it, this afternoon, whilst in the pub, to hear the uke group playing smiley - laugh

I'm at just about an utter loss what to do about the endocrine stuff... - I'm a smiley - bleep ing smiley - scientist ... in biomedical science, I rather understand how this stuff is ment* to work; I know what my bloods show, and I understand what that means/says... possibly, oddly, more than my Drs do... yet; what the bloods 'say' and what then occurs with the medications, doesn't seem to entirely line up... smiley - alienfrown - and yet, when I present this, to the Drs, they seem to offer no further options... not even 'more testing' (which I know exists), so smiley - huh

And, the even more confussing thing, is how... inconsistent they are; last year, when I stopped taking the levothyroxine tablets, because, quite frankly, I didn't think taking tablets that gave me chronic diarrhea every day, was a good idea; the Drs were very* adament that I 'had to take levothyroxin', and the consequences of not doing so were very bad, fatal at worse; yet this time, the Dr was like 'well, take it if you want, or don't, 'up to you' smiley - huh - what?! - similarly the lack of consistency in blood testing; a few months back I was nearly in a coma due to low sodium; random* low sodium; so they measure my sodium a few times... ' sodium is fine', then... stop measuring it?! smiley - huh - surely as it was a random drop, they must continue regular testing to look for a similar random drop/decline in sodium?

Also, last time; they didn't even mention the MRI scan, and separate CT scan they did on my heads... - did they even remember they requested them?: no mention of some of the things measured on my last bloods; including the first and only time they've measured my sex-hormone binding globulin protein level smiley - huh - its like they just randomly pick a few things to test, and then don't recall why they've done it, or what the results might even mean; surely I'd expect if they measure something in my blood; its because they're looking for something; result must therefore be; good news, you've not got X, Y, Z, or, bad news, 'looks like you've high circulating levels of sex-hormone binding globulin, which might affect negatively your testosterone level'

What do I do? I'm ... just not sure anymore....

BTW; still feeling so good, not having taken the levothyroxine; including/despite of the non-sleeping night last night smiley - ermsmiley - shrug

Key: Complain about this post