This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

not welcome here...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - laugh Really kinda funny in one respect....

For some unfathomable reason, a English Defence League (basically BMP/fascist organisation), from London, decided they'd put on a protest march thing, today, here in Cambridge... Really not sure why here in Cambridge, but, perhaps its truly unfathomable...

Anyhow, it took place earlier.... With about 20 EDL people assembling, and then walking a route, seemingly different to the one initially deliminated for them.... Which, for some odd reason, included walking down our road smiley - huh Given the very wide ethnic, cultural and nationality mix, in Cambridge, and this area in particular, it seems a really odd choice for them.... The various cultures and ethnic groups, seem to mix and interact most well, in this area... Just the range of shops on this road demonstrates that, the African café/restaurant, plus a shop, then the Indian corner shop a couple Chinese takeaways, and the sadly now closed down jamacian take away smiley - drool oh, plus a Assian noodle bar place, a couple traditional English pubs, plus a somewhat trendy bistro/bar place... Not to mention the shops we regularly use, near the gym, up the road from here... The Turkish supermarket (ran by a Curdish family), and the halal butchers/grocery shop, we visit several times a week smiley - erm

Anyhow... the 'amusing' bit of their protest 'thing' - they numbered 20.... - there were 400 local people in the counter protest, against the protest smiley - laugh - guess which was chanting the loudest as they passed by the house? - I couldn't make out a word in the EDL chants smiley - snork

in otter-news...

went to the gym this morning, somewhat hungover from the pub last night smiley - drunksmiley - cdouble - it was sweltering in the gym, at least the air con was on in the cardio room, but it seemed to be bust again in the weights room....

did 15 minutes on the cross trainer, doing intervals, about 3 or so KM cycling my heart rate up to 130-ish, and down to 110 ish on the slower paced sections smiley - puff

Then did about 45 minutes weights, including 100 squats, and then the useual upper-body stuff...

Actually, talking of weight lifting; took a load of nice blouses back to the charity shop, yesterday smiley - wahsmiley - sadface at one time I was too big to get in them, when I gained weight... then I fitted back into them smiley - wowsmiley - diva - then they got pretty loose smiley - yikes as I lost more weight.... and now, they were too loose in most areas (round the tummy), but, in particular, several of them, just won't fit over my arms anymore smiley - laugh

-- of course, on a positive note, as I said to the girl in the charity shop; 'now I've wardrobe space free, I'll be back in soon to refill the vacated wardrobe real-estate' smiley - zen - though at the moment, I do seem to have more than enough clothes... especially as half the time I seem to be in my running tights, and tank-tops/vests for the gym smiley - weird - must think about new trainers soon though smiley - dohsmiley - 2cents

I had egg and bacon for breakfast today; for about the first time in a year smiley - wowsmiley - weird

Lunch was smiley - fishsmiley - fish on toast....

and dinner is smelling gorgeous... - lamb (diced on the bone), curry... potentially with way too much curry paste I made in it smiley - laugh we'll have that with rice... in .... about half an hour or so, actually, must go check how that is reducing down smiley - tomatosmiley - tomato It could be viscious depending on what the chilis are like; the meat got a few hours to marinate in the fridge, with plain yoghurt, cumin, black pepper, fennel, cinnamon, and cardamom and... whatever other spices I ground and put into the marinade smiley - ermsmiley - chef

back at the gym tomorrow... and may go to the pub again tonight, just to escape the heat in here, for a while... so humid/hot still smiley - puff - and our neighbourhood wise-woman/witch, says she has performed the rain dance in her garden, so I don't know what we've not had rain yet smiley - dohsmiley - witchsmiley - zen

gym tomorrow, and then a day off gym on Monday, before back with the personal trainer again on Tuesday.... smiley - zensmiley - runsmiley - puff

the new levothyroxine timing is working well, I seem to wake up automatically now, at 4.30 -5 AM, to take it smiley - sleepysmiley - zensmiley - nurse

probably in Hospital Monday, for this fasting bone resorption blood test... smiley - nursesmiley - vampire

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more