This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

The slippary slope -- -- -- tights...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - snork Men's running tights that is smiley - huh
smiley - ok well, to say the least, I was really rather dubious over the claims the company that makes these was making.... 'magic', 'amazing', 'wonderous', matterial blah blah, etc., etc., - all no doubt necessary to attempt justify the astounding well-over £100 a pair, they charge for them smiley - huh that's, a lot of money, for, what is, afterall, basically, a synthetic matterial pair of tights/leggings, with a fairly high spandex content.... 'four way stretch' bleh blah blah...

So. I happened apon them, reduced to just £18 a pair.... Ok... I figured if they're no good for the gym, I can always wear them as leggings anyhow, with a dress or skirt smiley - ok

so I ordered a pair, they came a couple days ago, and today, I tried them out at the gym, as it was my gym day with my PT, which is always the hardest workout of the week....

30 minutes on the treadmill (5K).

60 squats, with added 10 high jumps, with the bar on my back, after each set of 10 squats).
40 high kicks, doubled legged, inside the weird climbing frame thinggy... smiley - huh

some weird walking up the side of the squat rack, sort of step ups, but using each leg seperately, on the side bars, each side, up, then down smiley - huh plus some stretches, and exercises on the exercise ball.... and some dips, and some more dips, and some extra squats and upper body/arm weights at the end...

Just got home a little while ago..... and ordered up another two pairs of the tights - much to my disgust, they really are rather good, - mind, I doubt I'd ever buy them at full price smiley - laugh

Must jump in the shower next, then sort out something for lunch.... we've some leftover cooked up new potatos, in the fridge, and the last portion of the piri piri chicken pieces from the halal butchers smiley - drool - so I assume we'll throw some salad with that... hmm... basically the same as we had yesterday for lunch smiley - laugh

Last night was chicken biriani for dinner smiley - drool which I cooked smiley - droolsmiley - chef - no idea yet what I'll do tonight.... maybe something with sausages or think about making a big pot of something using the bag of minced beef, we found/discovered in the freezer, just before the last re-stock of frozen food stuffs... - don't think its been lurking there too long, but probably best to use it up sooner rather than later smiley - dohsmiley - weird

Mind, its a bit hot ATM, to cook anything too long in the cooking stage smiley - puff

Off tomorrow, early, to hospital, for the bone density scan smiley - doctorsmiley - nurse - finally get to see what a year and a half GH replacement, plus the exercise I've been doing, makes smiley - grovel I'm really really hoping the bone density has improved, enough for me to deny treatment with the bisphosphonates smiley - grovel - TBH, any improvement from what it was, I think I'l refuse treatment.... as several factors ought to be making it continue improving; lower dose prednisolone, more complete replacement now with GH, testosterone, thyroid etc, plus doing the exercise, and cal/vit D3/Vit K2/Magnesium supplementation... - In theory, if the bone density has remained the same, we'll see the scan measure a lower density; as losing weight can affect the results, that* direction; I've lost 1/4 of my body weight, since the previous scan; so, if it barely drops, or remains the same, I'd interpret that as an improvement smiley - weirdsmiley - alienfrown

not sure if we'll do much for the rest of the day, its really rather hot.... maybe a short trip out to the pub tonight smiley - ale although we do need to be up early smiley - doh

right... really must go shower smiley - diva

Key: Complain about this post

The slippary slope -- -- -- tights...

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more