This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I'll be back

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

then. clearly. smiley - cdouble
that was a really good trip away... lots and lots of food... copious beer smiley - ale and several long walks... a shorter one the day we arrived, over the fens, and with a trip to see my Dad... then a 12 mile walk the next day, over to the coast... along the coast... then a slightly odd return-route, which just by chance passed by the door of a pub I know well, since I was 14 years old... smiley - ale they brew their own beer... and their smiley - stoutsmiley - drool we got held hostage there, by a computer programmer and a teacher, then walked the remaining distance to the hotel smiley - puff

A friend visited on the Sunday, but got lost on the train, and ended up in a house of the Brother of the Drummer of the band the Darkness, with the drummer, moving furnature smiley - huh no. really. smiley - laugh - eventually he made it to the right village/town, and indeed, ultimately the correct pub smiley - zensmiley - ale

got back last night. our trin broke down. smiley - puff journey took 3 hours, not 2... in the heat smiley - puff

Somehow I didn't sleep last night smiley - wah so went to the gym today, and got put through my paces by my PT.

I learned a new trick smiley - tongueout - for ages I'd been wondering about going backwards on the stair treadmill... basically walking backwards up it... so I tried... smiley - wowsmiley - magic It worked... whilst it was moving, I turned round and started going backwards... then switched round and turned again, to go the right way... My PT was so impressed, he got another peronal trainer to watch... smiley - laugh - I'm the insaine one in the gymn smiley - zen then did squats, balancing on the ball, running machine, leg exercises on a weight machine thing... leg pushes? I think... jumping about in the weird climbing frame thing, doing double footed kicks up the wall to head height smiley - zen more squats... and I finished with some stretches and some dips smiley - zen

this heat is ... getting too much for me though... at least the gym has air con smiley - magic sadly the house doesn't smiley - puff

according to the scales I've gained an impossible amount of weight in a few days away... - I think it'll magically vanish, as I'm guesing there is water retention at play, what with the heat, and who-knows what sort of sodium loading involved in the 'eating out' food, that being away from home entails smiley - weird

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more