This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

all thanks to the pies.

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - magic
so, in a twist of fate, and utter flabergastment, says my dentist. smiley - huh

I think one of the reasons I'd put off re-joining a dentist was, basically, that I just assumed my teeth would be shockingly bad.... and require endless appointments, to 'fix'... - its bad enough thesedays with appointments for hospital, and the consequent being held hostage, and not able to book any holidays etc... - until it was canceled, I even had an appointment for cardiology, next febuary... and despite which, still didn't have the other cardio app, which should be some* time this summer, for another MRI... - a kinda important app, so can't arrange to do anything ahead, until we know...

anyhow, saw the dentist today, and. smiley - huh My teeth are fine. "really very strong" in her words... smiley - huh
True, they're a bit plaque covered, and I'm booked in for a deep clean next Thursday, but, - I've not been to a dentist in over twenty years smiley - laugh

The tooth that snapped off before Christmas, but which never hurt... is... fine; the bit snapped off, hasn't exposed any of the soft inside err..... stuff, and so isn't infected; she said she'll do something to it... not a filling... some kind of... dunno... something...

She X-rayed my teeth; no sign of any decay, infection etc, and no sign of de-calcification smiley - huhsmiley - weird she gave them a poke about with a pointy stick, and without even much pressure, I can feel... I've suddenly got a more noticeable err, 'divide' between teeth, so I guess that losstened a fair bit of plaque etc smiley - cool

So, phoned the osteoporosis nurse, and told her (well left a message), so expect to get an app sometime soon, for the first of the bisphosphonate infusions... smiley - wah

Hot here today.
first hot day of the year, and was very* hot.... oddly, as someone who can't cope with the heat, but prefers the cold, err, I coped... fine... and oddly, W, who is useually fine with the heat, wasn't too coping with it smiley - weird - I seem to have switched right round; the slightest cold, my fingers go white, lose all sense of touch, and hurt smiley - bleep and back... but maybe I can do heat now? - I assume this is something to do with thyroid... but seemingly the opposite way round to what it should be; I.E., hypothyroid can't cope with cold, yet, now, as I'm more euthyroid, I'm more unable to cope with cold smiley - huhsmiley - ermsmiley - weird

Went to the pub last night, just to get a walk in the cooler air, as it was fairly warm yesterday, smiley - ale

no gym today, was still worn out after the last three days smiley - puff we will be back at gym tomorrow, unless its too boiling hot; I've gota be careful with hydration, and salt intake, due to the cortisol/adrenals, so I assume exercising insainely in the heat might not be a great idea smiley - wah

stir fry tonight, chicken with onion and red bell pepper, with the fine noodles smiley - zen had a chicken salad for lunch and eggs for breakfast today... plus the useual apple and banana earlier, err.... after lunch smiley - zen

time to shower soon smiley - puff

all thanks to the pies.

Post 2

Baron Grim

Yeah, I took a couple of decades off from visiting dentists. Unfortunately, I think I picked the wrong one. He found cavities all over my teeth and scheduled me for three appointments to fill them all (after debridement for all the plaque, of course). I only managed two of the filling appointments before my insurance ended and I had to switch dentists. The new dentist found ZERO cavities in the remaining quadrant.

My teeth felt fine before I saw the first dentist. Two plus years later and I'm just now getting back to where they feel fine again.

The reason I didn't go to dentists was because of a investigative news report showing how widely variable dentists diagnoses could be.

I picked....

Poorly.

I'm now convinced I had only a couple of cavities that needed tending (one I knew about was a filling that had fallen out in my twenties and never got worse).

You don't seem to eat a lot of sugary foods so I'm not surprised your teeth were in good shape.

all thanks to the pies.

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Yep, I've heard similar from other people. Dentists only make things worse.

I have to admit, though, they have been kind to me for the last many years. They don't drill holes in my teeth and fill them with mercury any more.

smiley - pirate

all thanks to the pies.

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Exactly... I don't eat much sweet stuff, actually, the sweetest, most sugary thing I eat, is probably apples.... or blueberries etc... - hence my not totally rubbish teeth, are all due to the pies... savory pies smiley - porkpiesmiley - droolsmiley - laugh - mind, I've given up pies as well nowdays, way too many calories... never have had sugar in coffee or tea, etc, nor milk mind... and have never snacked, on sweet or savory things smiley - magicsmiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more