This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

finds....

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

charity shop finds that is smiley - divasmiley - wow one new skirt, one new pair of velvet trousers smiley - diva the former size 14, and the latter size 16 ... - but the trousers waist very high, both really good fits and in excellent condition smiley - zen

That was this morning, when we poppe dout to do some shopping, and go to Boots for a few things, and just happened into one of the charity shops en-route... - the trousers and the skirt were only £8.450 for both together smiley - wow

as frugal as that was, I did kind of ruin the frugalness by purchasing over £100 worth of various cosmetics online tonight... - but there was a special offer, plus I had some vouchers... so actually that was only £55 including free postage once I used the vouchers I had, plus the sale reductions on most of it smiley - blush more shower gels, moisturisers, hand creams, cuticle oil pen, bath foam, and some spa bath oil and two bottles of perfume and some body spray perfume smiley - blush

the rotten throat I woke up with, seems to have responded wlel to my doubling my steroids over the day, and it doesn't feel too bad ATM - in the end I took 5 MG prednisolone at breakfast, 2 MG at lunch, and 2 MG at dinner, so 9 over the day instead of my useual 4 MG smiley - zen

felt a bit weird most of the day though, but I guess that is probably just being on the higher dose of steroids, as much as running the infection; my temp was low as useual earlier this mroning when we tested it, perhaps slightly elivated, but stilla long way off even 'normal' smiley - laugh - how high does my temp need to be to be running a temp, when I'm normally 1 degree C lower than normal at the best of times? smiley - snorksmiley - weird

didn't end up having much of the codine/paracetamol either, though I might take some before bed to help sleep and stop the throat waking me... = if it does wake me, and its about 4 or 5 AM, I'll come down and take an extra dose of pred, in accordance with some guidelines on dosing during active infection smiley - huh - all about trying to emulate the 'normal' way the body would be producing it, wer eit capible of oding so, during an active infection smiley - alienfrown

not much planned for tomorrow, trip to the pharmacy to pick up repeat prescriptions, and phoning the GH company to order more drugs (which I forgot to do Friday smiley - doh ) maybe try phoning PaLS again at hospital, to try chase up cardiology again smiley - groan - hope I'm feeling Ok tuesday, as its gym with the Personal trainer, in the mroning, then ten pin bowling in the evening smiley - zen

supper time now, then bed... injected GH at a bit after midnight (well I showerd late, and had to exfoliate tonight, plus moisturise and then put on firming concentrate after too smiley - blushsmiley - diva ) - experimentaing with taking no melatonin ATM, as one can build tollerance to it; three days in to not taking it and I'm sleeping better I think smiley - wow - not so tired during day either smiley - coolsmiley - boingsmiley - run

finds....

Post 2

Baron Grim

I learned something nearly useless, but not quite, about how Vicodin gets its name and how it relates directly to codeine. Vicodin is 6 times as potent as codeine. So, they used the Roman numeral VI to indicate this. VI+Codeine = VIcodin.

finds....

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

oo... that's really interesting! - not least as I've never heard of vicodine! - I've had codine and dihydrocodine before but that is years and years.... decades ago not long after my head injury/road accident smiley - headhurtssmiley - cdouble

the throat and cold symptoms keep coming and going at the moment... - worse in the mroning, then seem to clear up with just a single cup of the effervesent codine paracetamol stuff smiley - yuk - and I'm using some of the anasetic throat spray stuff, just before bed, so as to help sleep and stop spluttering in my sleep smiley - laugh

Gym yesterday was epic smiley - cool 90 minutes weight lifting and then ten pin bowling in the evening too smiley - zen so I guess I can't be particularly being hit by the cold smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more