This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

run!

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - yikessmiley - weird

#Went to the gym, this morning.... PT instructor was there today... so, as it was drizzling lightly, we went outside to the big park opposite the gym, and I jogged..... - pretty sure the last time I would have ran any distance at all, was when I was at school.... by my calculations more than 25 years ago....

I jogged a mile smiley - puff wich, really didn't seem any distance at all smiley - huh - wasn't exactly doing a 4-minute mile mind, smiley - puff
After that warm up, went back into the gym, did a ton of squats, then dips, pullups, and a ton of stretching things, plus some other odd weights and bits of calosenics. smiley - zensmiley - puff

Not sure I'm ment to do running/jogging, can't really recall now what the cardiologist said, although I'm taking a lot of what she said with a pinch of salt, as it doesn't, to me at lest seem to add up; if the idea is reducing heart rate increase, then I'm not quite sure they've really got the idea of which exercises do waht in the gym smiley - erm anyhow, I never get 'heart pounding' type thing from exercise, and I only ever get palpitations from laying down quietly and very still smiley - huh - Plus, of course, having not heard any results or come back at all, in over two months now, from the vascular MRI, and had no further follow-up appointments, the only logical explination is that I dont' have an aneurysm at al.... afterall, even the NHS patient information online, says for the aneurysm side I have, I'm ment to have follow-up scans every three months, and its over three months from the origional ultrasound of the heart/aorta, and nearly three months from the MRI scan now, and cardiology secutary told me they have no follow-up app put in for me, or no follow-up note on my records smiley - huhsmiley - shrug - which reminds me, must find the relivent letters from past app dates, so I can get that together to write an E-mail off to patient leaison tomorrow, to try chase up cardiology, and also try to find out if cardiology or endocrinology are going to monitor the heart in realtion to my levothyroxin trial I'm now on, as it was stated in one letter that the low dose I'm on to start, is to prevent over-stimulation or soemthin gof the heart, and, the only way they're going to know that is if they test the heart in some way otherwise they're just sticking random doses of a random medication into my body again for no particular reason, to no stated aim, with no set goal,or target 'range' of 'normal' to head it towards smiley - alienfrownsmiley - weird

Off ten pin bowling tonight, so I realy oughta jump in the shower now, so I can clean myself an d get changed with enough time, to have a small snack, in order that I can take my evening dose of steroids early, before bowling... then can cook diner when I get home smiley - zensmiley - chef

popped into the international on the way home, got houmous, avocado, pickled chili peppers, large flat mushrooms, and ordinary button/cap mushrooms, plus another bag of course bulghur smiley - zen then stopped in at the butchers, got some black pudding for a change, and some bacon smiley - zen
Just had a short nap smiley - sleepy . . right, must leap into the shower smiley - runsmiley - divasmiley - handbag

run!

Post 2

Letter written to PALs to request investigation of cardiology ignoring me etc., etc., lets see if they respond, or ignore me too... smiley - sighsmiley - weird no gym today, so off out in a little hwile for a couple hours walk instead, whilst its sunny, by the river.

Black pudding and mushrooms for W and I for breakfast smiley - drool mine on toast with wholegrain mustard smiley - droolsmiley - blushsmiley - run

run!

Post 3

automated acknowledgement of recieving the E-Mail, E-mail from PALs, then this afternoon, an E-Mail from them, from a human, saying its 'being delt with' - but noticably that's a human response using a pre-written template, as the grammer was all incorrect in a couple places, where it didn't quite fit to what they wanted to try to say.... so following the instructions in it, we'll wait three days, if no further reply and proper response, taht will go to a formal complaint smiley - zensmiley - evilgrinsmiley - vampiresmiley - nurse

in otter news, had bulghur wheet salad, for lunch; bulghur with red bell pepper, cucumber and lettuce, as the base of the bowl.... various types of pickled chili peppers we're trying to accompany that; all servered with the pickle fork we got from the antique shop... Edwardian silver smiley - drool then that was topped of with some grilled chicken, spiced with the useual mix of spices I grab from the cupboard smiley - drool - about 300 ish KCal - bananna and pear afterwards smiley - zensmiley - panda

the walk this morning was good, almost an hour and a half, through a couple of old common land areas, ending up by the river, then doubling back a slightly differnt route and to home (that was a little while before lunch) smiley - zen

short nap, smiley - zzz

now cooking diner, almost done.... grilled tuna steaks, with a pilaf - basmati rice, mustard seed, fennel and cumin, diced and sliced large onions, 100 Grams mushrooms, some ginger that needed using up, and half a bulb of garlic.... smiley - zen actually must go check on it smiley - runsmiley - chef gym tomorrow, I think, then again on Friday and Sunday smiley - zen

run!

Post 4

Gym again.... outside again; running again smiley - puffsmiley - runsmiley - puff run> smiley - run - two miles this time smiley - yikessmiley - puff

Then did 30 - 40 minutes inside the gym, in the weight room, bench pressing, bicep curls, squats, weird behind your back lifting thing, all with the 20 KG bar smiley - puff then into the 'climbing frame', and tons of dips, pullups, pullup-jump-kick things, and suchlike... and finished with some more weights and stretches smiley - puffsmiley - zen Must be lunchtime soon - hungry now! smiley - wahsmiley - hotdogsmiley - burgersmiley - corncobsmiley - porkpiesmiley - cheese

went to the international on the way home, bought some canned chickpeas, and the sessamae sauce thinggy, so can make hummous tomorrow smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more