This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

how time flys....

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - yikes a bit over two years ago... just finished radiotherapy after chemo... - about exactly two years ago, I'd just started in on the testosterone injections, and all the fun and games of endocrinology smiley - wahsmiley - groan none of which has gotten any better since smiley - laugh three years ago... I think* I'd have been in Sweden about now, in Umea smiley - loveblushsmiley - lovesmiley - droolsmiley - handcuffs back when I still produced my own testosterone and had my own, 'normal' sexual function and labido smiley - blush and now... I'm soon off to the gym... smiley - erm Its kinda hard trying to piece together which of the 'me's' is ' anymore smiley - ermsmiley - weird I'm certainly not who I was smiley - sadface in so many respects smiley - crysmiley - wahsmiley - erm but I think I've improved in many respects from where I was at the beginning of this year, even if the main thing causing problems, is still causing problems, namely endocrinology and their strange modus opperandi smiley - erm its err, two years and *counts* 8 months since I was DX with the hypothyroid, and they're still smiley - bleep ing me about, and not got me medicated for it and kkeep acting so slowely.... - so, they've finally decided I can try liquid levothyroxin. and. they've done nothing to do that. - all they need to do is get my GP to script i it, and decide on a dosage... but apprently thats too much effort, and, assides, the worse thing that can happen, not being medicated, is only multiple organ failure, so I guess its not important.

off to tghe gym soon.... smiley - zen

how time flys....

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Who wants to throw the first complaint after reading the above?

Hang in there my friend and smiley - goodluck to you. It's not the end of days yet smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

how time flys....

Post 3

there is no end of days.... - I'm imortal now, remember smiley - zen though with my hip or top of my femur palaying up at the moment, I don't feel overly imortal ATM smiley - laugh - still did the gym though smiley - zen I mean, it was agony of course, but I still did it smiley - zensmiley - bruised - was kidna hoping the exercise might ease the leg a bit actually smiley - laughsmiley - snork hopefully its just a strained tendon or muscle or soemthing and not avascular necrosis of the pelvis or femural head (another loverly side effect of the steroids and osteoporosis to look forward to eventually...) smiley - zen

May need some smiley - ale tranqualisers tonight, so I can sleep, I only got two hours again last night, and I just made an attempt to sleep, which didn't work thanks to the internal tremmors/heart palpiations and so much noise going off outside smiley - cdouble

Seems like we found a really good time to go to the gym; me and W were the only people using any equipment at all in the weight room, no one else in it, at all, and when we went then to the cardio room, there was just one other person in there smiley - huhsmiley - weirdsmiley - cool

back to th egym tomorrow morning, 10.30 to meet a new personal trainer smiley - yikes

how time flys....

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Time is a constant. It's always here. And it doesn't go away. In fact we receive more and more of it every moment smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

how time flys....

Post 5

smiley - zen went to the gym smiley - puff met the new personal trainer smiley - puff did some new stuff... including abdominal crunches.... I like abdominal crunches, beacuse, I don't liek them.... - I find the more I don't like the exercise, generally means its an exercise I like more.... like the inclined bench press, or the dips, I didn't like them.... so I liked them... smiley - puffsmiley - evilgrin now I can own them smiley - zensmiley - puff ouch! smiley - laugh exercise bike, lat pull downs, bench pressing, lots of squats with the 20 KG bar (using 35 KG on the lat pulldowns) smiley - zen and bicep curls, of course, because... smiley - zen now waiting for GH nurse to arrive at house to train me up on the new injection pens smiley - zensmiley - nurse

how time flys....

Post 6

Endocrine/GH nurse turned up, to train me on the pens.... and gasped when she saw me smiley - blush - so I've lost some* weight... about 40 Lb, and I've changed shape a bit... OK, so I'm inchs bigger across the chest, and inchs bigger diameter biceps and tops of my arms, and forearms, and have definition to al the muscles, but... I guess I'd not realised what such a differnce it is... and, I guess 8 inchs smaller on the waist is a fair differnce too smiley - blush so we did the training on the new injection pens, which are dead simple to use, and got given a new really neat little device, for when travelling; basically you put the needle (once removed from the pen), into it, at the side, then it 'snips' off the actual sharp needle bit of the needle, and stores that inside a sealed compartment; leaving just a blunt end to the needle, left on th epen, so the pen can just go into the bin; apparently the snipping device holds thousands of needle 'tips' so can be used when travelling to save having to take a 'travel sharps bin' smiley - cool I never even knew such a thing existed smiley - magic

Then made a dash up the road, to the bank, and a shop, to get cash for the next week, plus pick up a few grocerys... smiley - zen Think it may be time for a nap now though, before dinner... smiley - sleepy lunch was half a tin of tuna, coleslaw and some lettuce and cucumber, in a wholemeal wrap smiley - drool may venture out to the pub tonight, not sure yet, depends on what the weather is doing and how we're feeling after the nap, dinner, and showering etc smiley - puff

how time flys....

Post 7

did indeed ventur eout to the pub last night... and just about to do so again now smiley - blushsmiley - ale - went for a long walk today, out of the city and to the nearest bit of 'quiet' and countryside tye area; a lot of the walk is out by a huge disused chalk pit, which is now a lake smiley - zen Have just showered, and weighed myself smiley - wah - I've gone up 1 Lb! smiley - erm I doubt I'll be losing much weight hereon in; I'm getting inches bigger across the chest, shoulders, and arms etc <blush. and muscle weighs a fair bit I guess... smiley - blush well, perhaps I can lose more 'fat' weight, but I think in reality any loss in taht now, will be converted to increases in muscle mass and thereby increasing weight smiley - huhsmiley - erm - Must start using the tape measure more, to do waist hip etc, measurements, plus chest and underbust, as that might be a more reliable indication of changes happening smiley - zensmiley - titsmiley - titsmiley - blush

Thnk I'll go get my socks and shoes out, and get ready to go for an evening walk, to the pub - that'll be another 25 - 30 minutes, walking, on top of the 70 minutes or so walking earlier today smiley - zen and then tomorrow we're in at athe gym; think Ill try to start getting in more cardio rahter than just heading straight for the weights, just to balance things a bit more smiley - zensmiley - boing

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more