This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

cancer cake and the C-word.

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyes Went to hopstital today, for an X-ray on my spine and for the 6 monthly oncology checkup clinic smiley - vampire
X-ray was nice and quick so we had time to kill between that and the oncology clinic.
Dropped the letter off in Endocrinology for my consultant, telling her her instructions smiley - biro
Went to the cancer spport/charity place, near the hospital, Maggi's, to get some smiley - tea and the inevitable < smiley - cakesmiley - erm I duno what it is about cancer and cake, but there is definately some odd association, if you've got, or have had cancer, there seems to be a constant plate of small slices of smiley - cakesmiley - cake being jestured in your direction.... - I had to have a slice, or I think they might have thought I was being rude smiley - cake <tea
Oncology Dr was impressed with my weight loss, diet and exercise tollerance increase, and general appearance of someone who doesn't look like they should be in a hospital smiley - doh
He looked at my blood results, felt up my neck, collar bone, armpits and groin smiley - bigeyessmiley - yikessmiley - nurse and then said as I don't have any symptoms of the cancer anymore, and haven't had, since I finished treatment two years ago, that as far as they're concerened they consider me 'cured', (but did stress they don't officially use that C-word until 5 years post-treatment end, and, so they don't want to see me as often now, and I'm moving to once yearly clinic apps, but with the proviso if I get anything symptomatic, I phone them and am seen the next day (week day I guess he ment) smiley - zensmiley - handcuffs
Had a hopstital lletter on the doormat when we got home, from endocrinology for my next clinic app there, in September (still on two monthly clinic apps ) smiley - zen
Still no letter from the cardiology dept about the results of the PET scan I had a few months ago now... err... no that was the MRI scan not P' PET smiley - dohsmiley - cdoublesmiley - flustered
got home, had a late nap smiley - zzz after more smiley - tea
dinner was late, I did some spicey mushroom and rice, with lots of onion smiley - drool and garlic smiley - vampire
had the last of the grilled spiced chicken I did the other day with that smiley - drool
consumed my daily allowance of two pieces of fruit smiley - yikes an smiley - apple and a banana... W told me off for the way I was eating the banana... smiley - ermsmiley - blush I cna't help it smiley - ermsmiley - angelsmiley - whistle
Had a bath, for a change, for about an hour and a half, and noticed.... - we've now got a bigger bath! Its deeper and wider than it used to be! smiley - huhsmiley - erm of course... it could just be I've shrunk that* much smiley - blushsmiley - divasmiley - discosmiley - divasmiley - handbag
Still waiting to hear back from GH nurse smiley - nurse about a visit to train me up on the new injection pens, when they arrive, but, they might not bother contacting me until after the new pens arrive, as the GH company knows how much I've left in the current device, before it runs out smiley - zen
nearly beddies time I think.... smiley - sleepy

oo! - nd she was there! - the past few trips to the hopstical, 'Coding Girl' has been abscent! smiley - wahsmiley - sadface but she's back! or, at least, someone in her chair, with very simular lanky hair, and an identicle expression of complete bordum and tedium, and with a simular cardi, is in her chair, coding smiley - wow
We paid hommage to the leech jar in the hospital, as we always do when we pass it smiley - zen But sadly the really cute male nurse who often takes my blood, was just leaving, finishign his shift, when I arrived smiley - wah although, the other male nurse who was there, got blood out of me realy easly today, so hopefully no more bruising to add to the bruising already stll there, from the blood letting a couple weeks back smiley - alienfrown Apparently the steroids weaken the blood vessels, so that is probably one reason I seem to get more bruising now each time smiley - weird although I do seem to have a couple of new blood vessels growing, or appearing on my one decent arm, which is useful smiley - magicsmiley - zen

Off to the gym in the morning smiley - magicsmiley - zen and then gym again Friday I think.... Hoping can get some of this endo stuff sorted soon, for the new meds, so W and I can actually escape the city for a break away some time soon, as soon as the new pens get started for the GH, as they can travel more easily not requiring refridgeration smiley - zen and it seems an age sinc e we last went anywhere smiley - wahsmiley - grovel

Might go out shopping either tomorrow or friday; to buy a gong. smiley - erm as we dont' have a gong. smiley - erm everybody needs a gong. err, I think.c

Post 2

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Hooray! smiley - cheers Does that mean you're well enough to come to Edinburgh on Saturday then? smiley - tongueout

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - wah sadly not... too far for my growth hormone to travel; I can't keep it cold long enough... stupid thing! - hence can't wait to get the new GH pens, which don't need refridgeration as far as I knwo smiley - magicsmiley - boing

Didn't get round to looking for a gong today, sadly. smiley - wah

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more