This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Cardiac MRI

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - weird tomorrow... actually, not sure cardiac is the right term.... As far as the Dr told me, its to look at the aneurysm and assess its extent, so I assume it'll do most of the body, not least as I've had cerebral aneurysms before, so I guess they'll do through the whole body, head down to pelvis smiley - elvis Hopefully its not any more extensive than ... none whatsoever, or as little as possible... smiley - shrug Or, even more hopefully (and less plausible) its just vanished, or awas a smiley - ghost apporition on the origional ultrasound thinggy smiley - alienfrown
Got to get up silly early, to get to the hospital in the middle of the water-logged wasteland that is the fens, where for some reason there is a hospital that does heart stuff.... have arranged friend to pick us up and get us there, and back, so must get up by 8 in order ot have time to do normal medications and eating things, plus getting dressed etc, and the useual multiple toilet visits post-medication smiley - blush speaking of which finally got a package of new... err... whitchhazle wetwhipe things through the otter day, been having increasing trubble getting them in pharmacys in town, so gave up and just ordered a bulk load online... sure feels good having to order stuff from an online incontinence company smiley - laugh but they were the cheapest I could find for this particular brand, and... well they just work when things are sore smiley - blushsmiley - blushsmiley - evilgrin
Other exiting things, err... can't think of much ATM, went into town today, with W, visited the bank, a few shops for food supplies, mainly fruit and veg smiley - yikessmiley - apple and got W a pair of suitable trousers for tye gym, now he's joined... smiley - evilgrin
Gym the other day... err... yesterday was good, just did an hour or so on the weights with the PT... smiley - zen oddly no aching today smiley - alienfrownsmiley - weird
Next to gym Friday I think, which will probably be mainly cardio, and hopefully W will do it too, so I can work him hard smiley - evilgrinsmiley - handcuffs on the ski machne and t the exercise bike, then maybe see if I can tempt him to do some weights too smiley - puff

Oh, the main thing, today I noticed.... put on my jeans, that I bought recently, the ones that were four inchs smaller waist than my previous pair.
They've getting loose smiley - bigeyes and, more oddly; they've gone from skinny fit (on the legs etc), to lose fit smiley - wowsmiley - zen so must just try get as much wear from them as I can, for a few weeks, then probably think about going for a smaller pair smiley - zen
Extra oddly; the new trousers/tracksuit things W got, which are extra small; fit me. smiley - huhsmiley - weird
Did bloods on Monday for endocrine, but a bit too early to have heard back any results, and anyhow, my endo nurse is on holidays this week, so won't get them until some time after she's back, really interested too see if my thyroid bloods have done any more impossible movement back towards normal smiley - huh
Everything in my biochemistry is the wrong way round... reverse.... I'm not even sure I'd be that supprised to discover the aneurysm has just heeled up smiley - snorksmiley - vampire
they do say stranger things happen at sea, I'm not so convinced anymore.

Oh. nextdoor (the pub), have an open mic poetry night soon; I am so* so* so* tempted to turn up, and do my adlib 'version' of 'poetry'..... apparently it always sounds like its full of meaning dn deep 'stuff', despite its utter vaccous and randomness smiley - evilgrin beat poetry from a transvestite... its what every pub needs... smiley - angelsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - handcuffs

have sorted some clothes to wear tomorrow, plain teeshirt, and my gym trouserrs, as none have any metal at all in them... all my shoes have some metal in, but I seem to recall they're useually OK, so my gym trainers woould probably be the easiest I guess smiley - zensmiley - yawn didn't do much exercise today, just I dunno... an hour or two's walking in town, earlier....

had bolotti bean, mushroom and basmati pilaf again for dinner tonight smiley - drool had avocado tuna and leafy salad for lunch, and had grilled mushrooms stuffed with cheese wraped in bacon for breakfast, plus a pear and a peach this afternoon, - not even up to 1000 KCal for the day yet smiley - huh (how the smiley - bleep did I ever eat about 2500 or more KCal per day?) smiley - angelsmiley - zen hmmm.... actually fairly sure some days I used to eat about 5000 KCal a day, esp when on chemo and having the steroid fueled four or five brekfasts and two or three evening meals a day plus several lunchs ,laugh> smiley - laugh - no wonder I gained weight quick back in 2015 smiley - laughsmiley - angelsmiley - tea

Cardiac MRI

Post 2

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Good luck.

Cardiac MRI

Post 3

Deb

Just don't turn up at the pub next door and start in with

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
On a lurgid bee..."

smiley - rofl

Deb smiley - cheerup

Cardiac MRI

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - goodluck

smiley - pirate

Cardiac MRI

Post 5

smiley - evilgrin ouch! smiley - bruisedsmiley - snork

So... took two nurses three attempts to cannalise (cannulise?) my vein.... eventually having to resort to using my houseman vein in my arm, (the rubbish one near your wrist, only useually used by trainee Drs). so... my right arm is pretty smiley - bruisedsmiley - laugh

I've had lots and lots of scans before... MRI on the brain, MRI of the pittuitary, and CT everywehre, and of course PET CT for the cancer, as well as ordinary Ct for that....

I've never had a scan like this though! smiley - wow

first off, the cannular, which is kinda normal, if die is being used... then an ECG attached.... then, as I'm on the scanner 'bed', a massive heavy thing, over my chest and abdomin smiley - huh - they then strap this over, so I can't move! smiley - yikessmiley - erm and lots and lots and lots, and then some more, of the 'hold your breath' instructions, during the scan... including some that they explained so badly I got them rong... (well she said 'hold your breath', so I did. - she just never said 'breath normally again', so I think I nearly passed out...) smiley - erm

So... the other odd thing... I've never had a scan that took that* long smiley - yikes

two hours actually in the scanner. 1 hour 50 minutes of which with an itchy nose smiley - laughsmiley - doh

Something went wrong with the contrast agent/die; the first time they did it, the die hadn't reached my abdomin by the time I'd done the holding my breath, nearly passing out, and the scanner scannering me thing...
so... they slid the 'bed' out, took off my headphones, and had to reattach a new cable to the cannular, and get a new bucket of die to use.... and back in I went again.... more breath holding... more die.... more time smiley - sleepy - and they woudln't let me sleep in the scanner, as I had to do all the complicated not breathing things smiley - laugh

But, it all seemed to go OK... so just to wait I ugess and find out how smiley - bleep ed up I am, and discover if this is gona be a fatal kinda disease thing, or not... or if I need to go under the knife or not... - looking through the potential complications of surgary for this, I'm not likeing the idea of imputence, or paraplegia... smiley - ermsmiley - shrug we'll see smiley - zen

Got out of the scanner, and got the sticky bits from the ecg removed, and the IV cannular taken out, and then drank five cups of water... was so dry smiley - wah - my throat and nose were itching internally, more than anything else, during the scan; the air in there is so dry smiley - yuk then phoned up the lift, and got home... and had five cups of tea, and a very very very late lunch smiley - drool think I was hungry too... smiley - doh

Short nap now I think, then smiley - fish probably for dinner... and maybe the pub tonight smiley - alesmiley - drool I've had three dry nights so think I probably deserve a beer, before throwing myself at the gym tomorrow morning smiley - zen

Cardiac MRI

Post 6

smiley - wow a short nap appears to have cured the bruises on my arm smiley - zensmiley - musicalnote just preparing dinner for W and I now.... onions mushroom and garlic to go in for a pilaf, and probably some tunasteaks to grill up to go with that smiley - zensmiley - chefsmiley - run

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more