This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

No, not my age (I'm 17 afterall.... natch).... n nor my weight smiley - laugh
The dress size of the new gingham knee length cotton dress that arrived the other day... and which fits me really rather well smiley - diva - noticed too a lot of the size 24 dresses, I've had a while, and which had been getting tight, certainly back at the start of this year, and now, suddenly seem a lot roomier smiley - magic
off to gym tomorrow, err, but not in the dress, of course smiley - laughsmiley - divasmiley - handbag

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - weird I'll need a new medical alert bracelet soon (It sjust the silicon type, not a fancy bispoke thing), my addison's/adrenal insufficiency one... (the only one I bother to wear thesedays), its the XL, I.E., the biggest size they do... I've had the one of that size, since I got given it (OK so I bought it), when DX... back in latish 2015 after I finallly saw the endo Drs and nurses after chemo and rads.... I've broken one smiley - blush err... actually maybe I broke two, but got the replacement at least for free smiley - zen and .. now, for the first time, its noticibly just getting a bit on the loose side; sort of partially slipping down my hand a bit... smiley - weirdsmiley - wow - mind, my ankle hasn't yet shrunk enough (from the fluid retention I guess), to wear my anklet again (the chainmail one with the silver bells <drool), but... having checked a while ago, its a lot close to fitting than once it was smiley - laugh - it was always on e tight side, even when it fitted me.... err... think I got that some time during chemo and at that point it was pretty tight, but now its a good inch off being able to do it up and therefore wear it smiley - wah Maybe eventually I could get to wear it again smiley - grovel
Went up to hospital today, to have blood taken for the endos, as the last time I was there (for the testosterone injection), my blood vessels obviously didn't cooperate well, and they didn't have enough of the good stuff to test my thyroid and a few other things, just to test the baseline testosteorne level, prior to the new injection smiley - weird (which was nicely in the right kind of area, I.E., not dipping too low between injections) smiley - zen

One thing we noticed today, in the hospital; the walk from the enterence all the way through the hospital, down the big long coordiroor (that passes past oncology), and to the 'treatment centr', wher ethe endo section is, takes us 12 to 15 mimutes to walk...
only... today took us 5... and we weren't even trying to walk fast (it wasn't an appointment as such, just turn up, grab a ticket, get blood taken) smiley - weird
The plebotamist had no problem getting bloods from me today smiley - zen
Felt oddly dizzy for a lot of the day, bit of a headache earlier, but that seemed to have past eventually... smiley - zen
Didn't get round to haveing dinner until late;
had borlotti bean and mushroom and basmati rice pilaf type thing, which was gorgeous smiley - drool and entirely vegan I assume....

I fried (in a teaspoon of coconut oil), a big onion half diced half sliced, then pupt in a massive pile of sliced mushrooms and after that threw in some garlic err, a lot of garlic, for a few seconds, before adding the rinsed rice, and rinsed borlotti beans, covering with water and cooking until it'd absorbed the water...
Oh, and the spices to start with were mustard seeds, fennel seends and cumin and a bit of black pepper smiley - drool those mushrooms from nextdoor are just gorgeous.... and work so well with teh borlotti beans smiley - zen - massive portion for me, and for W, each at 380 KCal smiley - zen - I even ate two picces of fruit today!; one peach and one bananna... despite which only clocked up less than 1000 KCal so far... - had boiled eggs for breakfast, and had a salad of tuna dn and avocado and lettuce and cucumber for lunch... smiley - erm

Gym in the morning, assuming I don't wake feeling grotty smiley - grovelsmiley - zen
just had a very late shower and then injected my GH and took melatonin...

Oh, and earlier picked up more meds from the pharmacy (just repeats, not actually any new ones, thank BoB... smiley - snork ) smiley - zen
Nothing else much planned this week, cept gym, and having the MRI Thursday on my aorta etc... smiley - groansmiley - yawn

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more