This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

One-year anniversary!

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - yikes today.... - well its an improvement on exactly a year ago today, where, by this point I'd have been in hospital, hooked up to machinary with various I.V lines attaches, and catherarised smiley - blush - one year of marriage! smiley - yikes can't exactly sasy its been fabulus a year, thanks to all my continueing and developing medical sargas but, at least I'm still alive I guess smiley - zen and I'm two stone lighter than I was this time last year smiley - yikes - yes I can more easily fit into my wedding dress now than I could then smiley - laugh

its a bank holiday weekend, this weekend; we were thinking of going out for a meal tonight, but given how insane it'll be out, we decided against... - plus we only went out for a meal a few days back, for William's birthday smiley - drool So we're rather coorperatively joint cooking... - I'm grilling the salmon smiley - fish and William's preparing the salad and pasta to go with it (bit hot to cook anything much more really) smiley - fishsmiley - blush

So did manage to avoid hospitlisation today; just had the one trip to see the pharmacist who then hurrang the Drs for me, and got me a GP app this afternoon, which was rather good (new Dr I've not seen before; both engagued and seemed to know somethign about something (even got my medical jokes)) smiley - zen

GP is writing to the cardiology Dr at hospital to say the cozaar is no good for me due to my reaction to it last night (unlike the prescribing Dr/GP who on speaking to me earlier was very dismissive; basicaly said my reaction to it, can't have been a reaction to the med at all and just dismissed me entirely) - so we'll wait to see what the hospital Dr cardiology says about next step; This GP also was really interested the last weeks BP and HR readings me and W did at home, taking my BP and HR twice a day every day; al of whcih were on the low side of normal smiley - zen - he took a copy of th e chart for his records (and I think to demonstrate to cardiology I already have a low BP; this GP understood why, for a blind ostioporotic patient, low BP might not be a great idea, due to risk of falls/fainitng etc) smiley - zen so a fairly good wedding aniversary day so far; I didn't die smiley - magicsmiley - zen

Must go check on the fish smiley - fishsmiley - runsmiley - fishsmiley - chef

One-year anniversary!

Post 2

You can call me TC

Well done on grilling the salmon rather than frying. Plus points for the calorie count. I hope you managed to catch it before it got too chewy.

One-year anniversary!

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I think both W and I prefer pretty much all the fish we have, grilled, - we're mainly limited to frozen fish fillet portions, as there is no fresh fish shop in this city... which is really weird> smiley - weird - but we've found a decent supermarket range of plain filleted fish, and we get their smoked haddock, ordinary haddock and cod, mackeral fillets and wild salmon and tuna steaks smiley - drool which are gorgeous (and mainly pretty low cal when grilled, well, cept for the macceral but that is full of healthy fat so that is good) smiley - zen - the main calorieis tonight were the pasta obviously smiley - blush - try to reduce carb calories a lot over the past period of dieting to good success, especially cutting out hundreds and hundreds of KCal of bread a day (slightly annoying as I used to love making the breads...) smiley - zen dinner tonight was about 630 KCal, Lunch was about 400 KCal (avocado and tuna from a tin), and breakfast today was a bit over 300 KCal.... adds up to about 1200 KCal so far anyhow, over the day which seems OK, especially as I wasn't really feeling great today... err, well I'm still feeling a bit faint, even now, thanks to the Cozaar tablet I took yesterday afternoon smiley - grr

One-year anniversary!

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Happy anniversary! smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more