This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Is it just me...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I don't think 'its just me', but... A system that works this... no, work isn't the right word, a system that fails and doesn't work this spectacularly has to be, designed to be this useless?

OK, so as avid readers of the slow and inevitable decline of my so-called health may have seen, in previous episodes of 'what the smiley - bleep is wrong with me now', I recently had a cardiology app. took months to get, after origional ones were made, then canceled, (by them), including one app canceled to us in a letter, before we'd got the letter before* that, actually making the app smiley - snork

OK, so I finally got the app, saw the Dr who said I shoudln't be doing the exercise I'm doing; which I had started doing after they were in knowledge of the cardiac scan, which showed I ought not be doing the exercise I then started; so would have been nice at that point, to have been given the knowledge they kept to themselves, taht I oughta not do that exercise as it would likely enlarge my annurism further... smiley - doh

Anyhow, of the things discussed with the cardiology Dr, was that there wasn't much point putting me on something to reduce my BP; as I don't have high BP (people with Addison's useually have low BP). But, one medication discussed was an angiotencin inhibitor (think that was what it was called), (an ACE? soemthing like that....)

However, she said due to endocrine medications I@m on; she would consult with endocrinology first.

So. today. I happened, to randomly go online to my surgery website/prescribing site, and log in, more than anything just to see for amusements sake, if its been affected by this computer virus that has gotten into a lot of the NHS.

I've been prescribed a new medication. added to my meds, by my GP.

How, am I ment to know they've prescribed me a medication if they dont' tell me?- I've had no letter, no phonecall, no E-mail notification, I just came across it by acccident....

Didn't recognise the name at all, so I googled as one does... ahh; its the angiotencin receptor inhibitor thing....

Hmm. I don't seem to have picked up the office memorandum that said this was definately being prescribed, far less the one that said it had* been prescribed. smiley - headhurts

losartan potassium, appears to be the medication, which I'm still dubious if it'll give much benifit to me, given the hormonal inbalances, and the steroids I'm on... and, I doubt if this quickly the cardiology could have consulted with endocrineology, and, indeed if they have, what was endocrine's response/feedback; I'd have thought they might want to keep me informed by CC-ing me on some letters; we've not even had a clinic letter yet from cardiology, so have they just written direct to my GP to keep me in the dark?

I wish i had the energy or strength left to go on a US-styled shooting spree, but TBH I've so many potential targets just in my recent medical contacts, I'd be hard pushed to decide where to start... smiley - headhurtssmiley - sleepy

losartan potassium's got a gorgeous looking list of new wonderful sideeffects. so I can expect insomnia, diarrhea, and dizzyness and fatigue, and weight gain... smiley - groan great.

Guess I shoudl try make an appointment to see a GP and talk about this, and maybe mention the bone density scan, still showing on my surgery website patient record, as an issue that I need to make a GP app about; which wrongly says I've been informed of this... which I haven't... that was back in January. smiley - headhurtssmiley - erm

Yea, more ill.

Is it just me...

Post 2

hurrah... that feels better... ate dinner, then showered... just injected GH and took melatonin... looking forward to gym tomorrow, shall see if I can muster up strength to do the cardio stuff, then do some weights as well (light ones obviously due to restriction set by cardiologist smiley - dohsmiley - grr ) smiley - zen maybe I was a bit hypoglycemiacearlier... dinner certainly helped as did dthe shower smiley - weird (honey and brown sugar exfoliating scrub, coconut shampoo, white musck and smoky rose showergel, and then English rose moisturiser/bodylotion/body butter, after I dried myself).

did a weigh in... weight loss definately slowed down a lot now, averaging only a bit over 2% weight loss a month now, that was 4% or 5% when I started smiley - doh - still averaging about half a stone (7 Lb) per month though, err... whatever that is in KG.... about 3 KG? smiley - erm (1 KG = 2.2 Lb, 3 KG = 6.6 Lb... I think...) smiley - alienfrown

Is it just me...

Post 3

smiley - cool gym was good today... I'm definately improving in fitness.... did forty minutes on the cross trainer... and when I was told i shoudl stop... I'd have happily gone on to do it for longer, or switch to another cardio machine, or do some weights in addition... smiley - doh

heart rate got up to 120 BPM whilst on the cross trainer, which I think is good, but safe (not too high). by my rough calculations my max heart rate oughta be about 180, and my peak about 135; I assume due to the annurism, I oughta aim for a lower peak than the 70%/60% point, so 120 seems OK to me, in light of not having any more accurate information to base this one on... (I must try hunt down some more publications that might have some detail on this...) smiley - zen

walked home from gym (15 minutes), and had a cup of tea; took my blood pressure and BPM; BPM was then at 72, and BP of 135 over 85, which seems OK to me smiley - zen

felt so energized... finding exercise has been the best thing I've done for both my mental and physical health; all day I've felt a lot more clear headed, less brain fog, les distant and 'not with it', less brain fog etc smiley - cool and most of the time energy levels remained high smiley - zensmiley - magic (I thought due to untreated hypothyroid, I'm ment to just sleep all the time and be uanble to do everyday tasks? this sitll makes no sense... the blood results with low T3 and T4, don't seem to bare any relationship to how I feel, or indeed, can measurably perform in physical activity etcc) smiley - erm

after getting home, was about a while, ahd some lunch, then showered, then took an afternoon nap, (slept about an hour I think), and then had a small snack; crackers and ccheese smiley - cheese so I could take my prednisolone evening dose, and then went off ten pin bowling smiley - zen

Got a higher score inf irst game thatn I've had in ages... smiley - cool though was a bit rubbish by the second game (it was getting rather hot in the bowling ally though by then...)

only had two pints of beer, as we were at the far end from the bar, and didn't have time to break off too easily to get drinks smiley - doh (that being the real reaosn my seoncd score was rubbish, not enough beer... smiley - doh ).

came home, had late dinner, with W, and injected my GH at midnight, plus took melatonin smiley - zen

Bodyshop oughta be delivering a nice package of goodies to me, on Thursday, which is nice smiley - droolsmiley - blushsmiley - 2cents not much planned for tomorrow, cept maybe a good long walk by the river, and maybe thinking at some point of trying to get an app with GP to discuss this stupid med my cardiologist has prescribed... the more I've thought about it, logically, it doesn't make sense, and could be very dangerous for me; I've low BP due to the steroids, the med they've prescribed is counterindicated for people taking the prednisolone I take each day; plus with hypopituitary you get all manner of upset regulation of potasium and sodium; unbalancing them anymore can, well, be fatal basically so I'd have thought not a good idea... - plus given I now have ostioporosis, and that I am blind, making me have dizzy spells and feel faint regularly seems a really stupid idea to me... - likewise trying to lower my BP when it is pretty low already I think, seems, kinda dumb, smiley - erm and I'm not overly happy that the med also commonly affects sleep, and sexual function, both of which are basically non existant in me, now, sadly, due to the other meds and just assymptoms of the hypopituitary ... smiley - wahsmiley - erm

Poochy went out to Waitrose earlier, adn got some pasta and brie , with William.... I be t she's the envy of all the other shoppers in Waitrose smiley - snorksmiley - zensmiley - ponysmiley - footprints

Must ask at the gym if I can start increasing the length of my sessions, to an hour, and maybe put in a Wednesday session there too now I'm not doing the circuit training on a wednesday smiley - zensmiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more