This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Introducing poochy...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I can't recall if I've introduced poochy. Or, to give her her full name, "Poochy the Baggy" smiley - erm

She's a new shopping bag I bought for William.

She's leopard print and quite large, with a zip and two hand-carrying handles and for our everyday, day to day grocerys aquisitions smiley - erm

The last bag, which William had had for years and years, broke, a week or two back on the way back from the hospital, so we needed a new shopping bag, and I found poochy online... smiley - biggrin

my female gym instructor saw poochy today, and fell in lover with her; I may go online an d purchase a poochy for her too smiley - biggrinsmiley - alienfrown

Sleep last night was non existant again, so about four days basically no sleep more than an hour or two at a time, at night... and that not very good...

Felt pretty aweful... smiley - sleepy so wasn't feeling much in the mood for gym....

Went to gym, at 11.30, and did about forty minutes, exercise bike, cross trainer/ski machien, and then the treadmill (walking) very, very sweaty by the end smiley - puff heart rate was pretty high a few times (accoridng to the display on the machines, when the instructor saw it), just up into the 100s, but I'm not exactly sure what is a good raised heart rate, and what would be too high anyhow smiley - ermsmiley - alienfrown Still trying to see if there's an accessible fitness tracker type watch thinggy I can get, but not coming up with much that would work in real time, to present information in a way I could acceess... - about the only thing that might do that is the apple watch, but as I've not got an IPhone, and you can't, it seems, use it paired with the IPad, that woudln't really be very useful, as you need the IPhone I think, to access a lot of stuff on it, for setting it up, and altering things, and syncing with WiFi, and stuf smiley - doh plus of course its silly expensive but that's less an issue if it would actulaly do what I wanted... something like the fitbit charge HR would work; but I could only review things like heart rate, after I'd done the exercising tc which isn't exactly much use for real time monitoring smiley - dohsmiley - alienfrown

After gym came home, i showered, then we had avocado with tuna, and salad in a wrap for a late lunch, then went into town... not much to pick up; mainly some bathroom stuff, deoderant, showergels, moutch rinse, and some spatulas for the kitchen (as they were cheap) smiley - erm then popped into the supermarket for a few canned things, plus some cheese, more wraps, and bread, and then home again...

then went for a nap.... and slept! smiley - wow for ... a good three hours smiley - zen (just hope that means I might still sleep tonight) smiley - alienfrown

nothing much on durin gth e day tomorrow, but in the evening we're out to a lesbian disco/DJ thing at a local (ish) pub, the same DJ collective who did the one we went too on new years eve, which is useually good fun smiley - zen

So I'll have propbably a long bath tomorrow afternoon, so I can ... et myself all dolled up proper smiley - blush not sure what to wear yet though.... depending on the weather almost certainly one of the longer dresses..... maybe the red silk stockings, and probably my black ankle boots, and red linen jacket with the beading smiley - divasmiley - handbag and the little purple handbag smiley - cat William's off to the hospital again in the morning, for a follow up appointment to his ear app, months back, so hope that goes OK smiley - grovelsmiley - alienfrown

Introducing poochy...

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Hello Poochy smiley - cheers

smiley - pirate

Introducing poochy...

Post 3

I must try get a pic of poochy on FB and/or twitter at some point smiley - zen most things in our house have names now. the fridge (freeda) greg the bread bin, Tammy the toaster, Steve the hob, Tracey the kitchen trolly, smiley - erm we might be dangerous close to losing whatever it is that saine people possess... hmm... sanity I guess... smiley - doh I'll ask Bee and Frogy about it, and see what bear and DH Lollypop think too they seem to know mor ethan most in this place smiley - zensmiley - erm

Introducing poochy...

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - ok Great names!

I got a new boiler recently, and part of the setup was actually to give it a name, so I chose Saiorse like the fridge in Tony Hawks' book Round Ireland with a Fridge smiley - biggrin

Introducing poochy...

Post 5

You can call me TC

https://youtu.be/scH0R1pl4jM

You might enjoy this clip. Not necessarily visual. Could be radio.

Introducing poochy...

Post 6

You can call me TC

http://youtu.be/scH0R1pl4jM

smiley - doh

Introducing poochy...

Post 7

smiley - rofl Brilliant, TC smiley - applause

I named my coffee maker Marvin when he started to sigh and moan in his later years. Later on all the diodes down his left side gave up one by one and he is now history smiley - cry

smiley - pirate

Introducing poochy...

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok I enjoyed that episode on TV! Julian the cheese grater smiley - laughsmiley - rofl

Marvin is a good name for a coffee maker indeed... Sorry about the diodes on his left side...

Introducing poochy...

Post 9

You can't call a cheese grater Julian! - that's the name of W's bottom! (for the record mine is called Werrity named after the sort of political person who was briefly in the news a few years ago, for dodgy dealings, and who sounded like a compete a****hole) smiley - blushsmiley - erm I also have names for my legs and my smiley - titsmiley - tit s smiley - blushsmiley - erm and we have a ladybird called DH lollypop who lives on the shelf next to penguine and Jeraladine and uncle bulgharia smiley - ermsmiley - erm no. don't look at me like that... I'm as saine as the next person smiley - erm oh. smiley - run

Introducing poochy...

Post 10

I do miss Marvin The Coffee Maker - but as it turns out he was responsible for a major part of my electrickery bill smiley - shrug

smiley - pirate

Introducing poochy...

Post 11

smiley - yikes that's not so good then! smiley - doh

Introducing poochy...

Post 12

We took poochy out today, to the butchers, for the first time smiley - magicsmiley - hotdogsmiley - zen had sausage and bulghur pilaf with various spices, onions garlic and mushrooms, tonight, for dinner smiley - zen Was out late last night, at a lesbian disco smiley - discosmiley - divasmiley - handbagsmiley - sleepysmiley - alesmiley - stoutsmiley - cider had two walks today, one to the butchers, and the international suppermarket (sausages in butchers, and cucumber, lettuce, avocado and onions in the international)... breakfast was eggs on toast, lunch was avocado salad with lettuce cucumber, cottage cheese and ham smiley - zen

Second walk out, was just after that, heading in the other direction, had a look round a couple of charity shops.... saw a gorgeous skirt smiley - drool which I tried on smiley - wah - so close to fitting now that I was sort of half tempted to buy it, and hope I lost that extra half an inch so it'd fit by next week <doh. saw a nice blouse too, but coudln't make my mind up.... plus saw a absolutely gorgeous dress smiley - droolsmiley - drool but in a size 10 smiley - laugh no way! .. yet smiley - snork (I can dream) smiley - divasmiley - disco

had a nap in the afternoon for an hour or so smiley - zzz and thinking might go out for a walk now, (which may include a quick half an hour pop into the pub on the way back) smiley - zen

Introducing poochy...

Post 13

Lordy... went for a walk, about forty minutes, again... so nearly two hours walking today smiley - zen

popped into our local... which isn't our local by location but we've made it our local... streth.... that's why the place is the place we go too... its insaine....

This is a dead quiet Sunday night...

get in, get a pint, sit down....

Suddenly one of the locals plonks himself next to us.... and asks if we've seen another regular, and if we saw where she went... he'd frightened her off, by singing Zappa to her smiley - huh OK... watever... no clue as to why he was singing zappa to her... and no, we'd not seen her... then he procedes to tell us how he's 'fine' - kicked out by his whife, who's been physically hitting him smiley - huh OK... then he spots the woman frightened by zappa, and runs after her smiley - erm to I assume sing mor e Zappa at her...
Ok... then the next thing, he and some other random people near the bar, are singging... not at all badly, but very randomly (not zappa),
Then; they embark on a conversation in pretty fluent Rusian smiley - erm and procede to swear at each other in Russian; then latin... smiley - erm
I get mor e beer... then more beer... smiley - ale
Temp landlord (covering for the landlord on holiday) appears, as does the chef who's no longer the chef, then some other random people...
Some mor ementalness happens....
then the mental guy who was singing Zappa, asks for his card back (time has been called), but doesn't want to settle his bill... smiley - snork 'promise I'll come in tomorro wnad settle it'... blah blah blah... smiley - snork then a seeiming gropu of lock in people are there, (friends of temp landlord), and we make our escape smiley - laughsmiley - headhurtssmiley - cdouble - no one was even very drunk smiley - laugh just bonkers... smiley - alienfrown at least no one was scateboarding inside the pub today or playing weird multistringed 'ethnic' instruments or a violin smiley - ermsmiley - weird and no one followed us to the toilet, and then sang a song at their smiley - erm private parts whilst waving them about as has sometimes occured. smiley - ermsmiley - alienfrown we didn't see the resident vegan but did say 'hello' to the friend of the Israilae authoress who was there, minus his authoress friend smiley - alienfrownsmiley - weird passed by some kids doing kick boxing moves at each other on the street outside, and sevearal down and outs trying to cadge cigarettes, or cash off us smiley - weird

i]
nice warm evening out now smiley - drool so nice oging out just wearing a dress with a 3/4 sleeve linen jacekt rather than a heavy leather coat smiley - dohsmiley - magic nothing on the agenda for tomorrow, assides doing one of our very infrequent online grocery shops, mainly to get rozen fish as there is no fresh fish shop in the entir ecity smiley - huhsmiley - fish which is just weird... smiley - weird

Introducing poochy...

Post 14

Baron Grim

As much as we like Zappa, there is definitely a gender divide. I can see how being aggressively sang to could be repellent to a woman. smiley - whistlesmiley - run
Especially considering the lyrics to certain Zappa songs. (Broken Hearts!?)

I believe your continuing appreciation for Zappa shows you haven't fully given over to your feminine side. smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

Introducing poochy...

Post 15

smiley - laugh how true smiley - zen and the particular bloke concerned, who was singing I think the words of Bobby Brown at/too the 'lady (drunk alcoholic)' concerned, she was only ever goign to ... inturprit it badly smiley - laugh I don't seem to litsten to as much music as i used too... it doesn't necessarily all work inside my head like it used too, and I think that's probably the reason I can't read fiction anymore; my brain just seems unable to 'emotionally connect' or empthasise in the way I know it oughta... smiley - alienfrown I know this will sound so callous, but, like a week or so ago, a lady I know well killed herself, and.... nope as much as I know I really should be 'feeling' something because of that, I just don't.... - too many bits of my brain (and neuroendocrine) system are just 'out too lunch' for things to work on some bits in the way they used too, and still should smiley - wah which is... kinda very depressing really smiley - crysmiley - alienfrownsmiley - weird - I useually just try compensate where I can; as of course I know* how I should* react, etc, so I just have to go through the 'impersionation' of pretending I'm still human at some level smiley - huhsmiley - weirdsmiley - alienfrownsmiley - sadface

Introducing poochy...

Post 16

Poochy went to the gym again today, and to Waitrose smiley - zen she's still the envy of all the other shoper's... smiley - evilgrinsmiley - cool I on the other hand, didn't go to Waitrose.... I was showering myself at the time, ahving gone to the gym before hand, with her (and W) smiley - laughsmiley - alienfrown maybe Poochy needs her own travelblog... smiley - coolsmiley - handbag

Introducing poochy...

Post 17

Poochy was a little scared today; it is raining outside... But she braved the elements and we walked to the top of the road, through the puddles and to Tesco's, to get a few grocerys smiley - zen I think she enjoyed us going through the puddles smiley - zensmiley - erm Now waiting in for the Bodyshop delivery, which is due in the next hour, and just passed the time, doing an online frozen food grocery shop, as we've depleted the freezer right down again so it was time to stock up on frozen fish fillets and some other essentials smiley - fishsmiley - zen

Introducing poochy...

Post 18

Today the big frozen supermarket online shop arrived... hurrah, it did all fit into the freezers smiley - zen lots of smiley - fishsmiley - fish and some other bits of food, lots of chicken portions too smiley - zen

Took Poochy out for a walk, to primart where we bought socks and I got another couple of cheap tee shirts for the gym smiley - puff pink ones, of course smiley - blush

Then we took Poochy to the International supermaret, and got fennel tea and Turkish cheese smiley - cheese

After popping home to deposit everything, and have a cuppa smiley - tea we went back out, to the pharmacy and GP surgery.... decided to go speak to the surgery first, and the receptionsist looked though their online stuff, and saw they had had a letter from cardiology (that we hadn't got), but that it didn't mention medication... so she recommended we book an appointment to see the Dr smiley - zen which of course one is not permitted to do. - instead we have to join the scrum for appointments, and phone the surgery at 8.30 - 8.32, before all the appointments vanish for tomorrow... if we can't get one for tomorrow, we can't book one in advance for any other day, so will have to repeat, and phone early the same time, Monday to try get an appointment smiley - ermsmiley - groan

Had two slices back bacon, grilled, with two grilled large mushrooms, and some brie on the mushrooms, for breakfast,

For lunch ahd the leftover roast paprika chicken from last night, with a salad of avocado and lettuce, cucumber and some coleslaw smiley - drool

Dinner, just eaten a little while ago, was grilled pork steaks, with rosemary and sessamae seeds, with boiled new potatos from nextdoor shop, and some fine green beans steamed to go with it smiley - drool - just over 1000 Kcal so far today smiley - ermsmiley - weirdsmiley - cheese

Gym in the morning smiley - puff and then hopefully if we can book the GP app, that will be in the afternoon some time after the gym (hopefully long enough to shower inbetween smiley - yuk ) smiley - zensmiley - alienfrown- we'll probably take poochy to the gym tomorrow, she likes the gym, and being fussed over by the female gym instructor smiley - laughsmiley - erm

Introducing poochy...

Post 19

Braved the rain... heavy drizzle at the time, to get to the pub, for a while... about forty minutes or a bit more smiley - dohsmiley - brr - actually wasn't cold out at all smiley - magic just silly wet smiley - wah - didn't take Poochy with us though... double chocolate smiley - stout and a bitter I've not come across before, plus the Plum porter I've had there a few times recently (Titanic I think) smiley - zen chatted to the landlord and his now whife smiley - zen and then luckily made it home before the rain got even harder smiley - yikessmiley - cheese and crackers for supper, still under caories for the day (1510) despite supper and the beer, smiley - zensmiley - angel oughta be bed soon, to get up at 8.30 to phone GP surgery to get an appointment if we can, and then get to gym by 11.30, with hopefully the GP app in the afternoon (afte rhopefully a chance to shower post-gym exertions smiley - blush ) smiley - zensmiley - sleepy

Introducing poochy...

Post 20

Mol - on the new tablet

What works with my GP practice is: phone at 0830, all face to face appointments gone by the time I get to speak to a human being, so I ask for a phone appointment, which I get for lunchtime that day. If, during the course of the conversation, the GP realises he needs to actually see me, *he then books me an appointment for the next day*, because he's allowed to do that.

So if all the face to face appts are gone, ask for a phone appt.

I do think the inability in general to make an advance appointment is *insane*, but there you go.

Mol

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more