This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

2legs the eighteenth and nineteenth

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I must have forgot yesterday smiley - dohsmiley - headhurts didn't really do anythin gyesterday, got up took drugs, napped, napped again, felt pain blah blah blah. ordered a dress online. smiley - erm

Today, woke up, took levo, felt ill, took pred and ate some food so I could take the pred, felt more ill, went back to bed, sweating with heart palpitations, brain fog fatigue and body pain, muscle weakness etc.... slept until about 2 PM, got up, ate some food, and since then... just done nothing really, cept just went online to order a copule pots of vitamines from online, costing a damn fortune smiley - grr well one was cheap as it was on offer, for the sublingual B12, but the B-complext to go with it was full price smiley - doh - finally getting round to introducting B-vits back again, after which the next step, is more logically seperating the D, multi vit, and calcium, plus magnesium and zinc, and introducing K too (for the bone stuff) smiley - erm - its awkward seperating them out as calcium in particular can interfer with levothyroxin absorption so that has to be later in day, B-vitamines want to be in the mroning, as they can be stimulatory and simularly magnesium needs to be at night as it can help aid sleep too (its a co-enzyme, a bit like K is, needed for teh use of calcium in the body, same with zinc I thnk) ,erm> smiley - headhurts I quickly forget most this stuff I read now, though, about them, I miss my total recall memory it was... useful smiley - doh

Still no letter from hospital, from endocrine consultant, so hope that might arrive Monday, or I'll phone them, need to try get results from them anyhow, i did try phoneing the endo nurses yesterday but it was poets day and no one answered their phone smiley - dohsmiley - erm May try see GP this week coming, keep not doing that, as it seems so utterly pointless on past experience smiley - erm but perhaps its just time to ask her to refer me to a London hospital for a second option,err, opinion I mean, and/or to change to them as endo consultants smiley - erm Its quite soul distroying to wake each day feeling fine, and to take the meds, to make me feel ill. seems... kinda wrong smiley - huh but if I stop takign them, then they just write 'patient non-cooperative' all over my notes. as they've already done I suspect. If I do stick to same endcrine consultant at hospital here, I think I'll hire a solicitor to take with me next time, to take notes... smiley - evilgrin hmm. actually maybe not I doubt they'd like that. Got to keep the Drs happy and keep their check boxes ticed and neat and tidy for their accounts. afterall.

Just starting to wake up a little bit now, just residual pain everywhere. smiley - shrug off out tonight for a meal and then the LGBT bunch is randomly meeint p in th e pub, so we're going to that, and probably to eat at the pub too just for a change. Typing is getting so painful and slow.

Post 2

Baron Grim

I may have suggested/mentioned this earlier but have considered using probiotics? I'm sure the chemo played hell with your microbiome. Of course finding effective probiotics can be tricky. Most over-the-counter probiotics contain very low levels of live cultures. Some yogurts are quite good, of course. I recently did a bit of research and found a brand called Blue Biotics that ranked very well both in diversity of cultures and numbers of live cultures. I don't know if it's available outside the US.

I don't think probiotics are a panacea, but they could help with your general health.

My shipment should arrive this week (a 3 month supply) and I'm hoping they may help with some colorectal issues I have and also I'm hoping to see some weight loss. I think a round of antibiotics I took a long time ago following a nasty stomach flu (if it was viral, the antibiotics were useless anyway) decimated my gut flora and could have led to my current state.

If I notice significant improvement I'll share them.

Post 3

ooo... do let us know if its a thing that works! - I do get a natural bio yogart from a shop nearby regularly, and have one most days, that is probiotic err... the one that is ment to have some live stuff in it, but weather anyting like just a small yogart a day can help, not sure.... My lower gastrointestinal problems have basically vanished now smiley - magic - thanks I assume to switching to a differnt make of the levothyroxin drug (thyroid drug); I've still not as yet got round to doing a simular test and switching the brand of the prednisolone steroids I'm on; assuming there are differnt makes/brands availible (has to be one licenced obviously in the UK, so the Drs can script it, and the pharmacy is able to provide it... luckily m pharmacist is brillient, a scarey woman who just 'gets things done', and semeingly to hell with what the Drs might think; she got me several brands of the levo to try, and mostly without extra prescriptions from the Dr needed, she just 'sorted it' (I get the idea she scared the Drs so they do what she says) smiley - laugh - its the pharamacy here which is right nextdoor to the GP surgary and its the one I use for all my meds; cept for the growth hormone when I start that, which I deal directly with the company who makes and provides it, as they provide their own nursing support, patient training on injectiongs etc.... smiley - zen

I must think more about the gut microbes though; had shed loads of antibiotics last year, plus the chemo and radiotherapy, and then more antibiotics this year too for a few infections I picked up, plus I.V antibiotics I think, may time when I had the adrenal crisis (as they thought it could be caused by an infection, whcih seemed likely) smiley - headhurts having a good day today, went out into town, did a load of cooking... but I think its nap time now!

Post 4

Milla, h2g2 Operations

TMI - but who cares anylonger? smiley - biggrin
I had a colonoscopy last december (gosh, almost a year ago) and for half a year I practically had diarrhea. The stuff that washes you out for the examination seems to have killed off everything. I did take probiotics for 3 months, and it helped. Got a bit worse when I stopped, but not like before. Now, slowly getting back to normal.

(and yeah, nothing malignant, but 3 polyps, which got taken out. Since mum and her sister both died from colon cancer (within a year of eachother) all their siblings and children will now get regular checkups).

tl;dr Probiotics improved things, but maybe I should have kept taking them longer.

smiley - towel

Post 5

Baron Grim

The yogurt you're eating probably helps (frozen yogurt doesn't work), but you might ask about a recommended probiotic or do a little research to find a reputable one. Like I found, most OTC probiotics contain mostly dead cultures or a very select few cultures. The one I found was reportedly exceptional.

Post 6

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I think mine was dried, live bacteria... tablet form. And quite a number of cultures in it. Embarrassingly, I don't remember the name of the product.
smiley - towel

Post 7

Baron Grim

I got my delivery yesterday and took the first one. It's dried in gel caps. I'm using Blue Biotics. Here's the article I read that lead me to this choice.

http://consumershealthreport.com/probiotic-supplements/bestprobiotics/

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Ah. Google is my friend... It was this one:
http://www.apotea.se/helhetsh%C3%A4lsa-probioplex-90-kapslar?gclid=CjwKEAiA9s_BBRCL3ZKWsfblgS8SJACbST7DO3tmALXrGPGfS1l6HYR4mrjOIOGf3RPKkWy17YJkQRoCdZzw_wcB
Google will also translate for you smiley - winkeye. 5 strains, 2*10^9 colony forming units smiley - laugh good thing they're tiny!
smiley - towel

Post 9

I should probably ask endocrine Dr if I'm alright to take; as I've got reduced tollerance to infections, due to steroids, and can get weird infections that most wouldn't.... smiley - weird Mind, I doubt Dr endocrine woudl say anything, he just seemed to not care when I mentioned supplimenting calcium etc, and vitamine D, for bones, even though half the patients he sees with panhypopit, go on to develop osteoarthritus, and many of them bone necrosis too, and thereby lose the ability to alk; they just don't care, no considering long term affects of treatment, which is... baffling, as that it must cost so much more long term, to not monitor in the short term smiley - weird

Rubish day today, didn't sleep last night, heart palpitations, sweating running hot, cold, hot and cold at the same time, etc. smiley - sigh napped a bit in afternoon, and just had dinner. Might considering showering now, then maybe go out and get drunk. for something to do. <ale.

Post 10

Well, showering just about finished off my energy for the day apparently smiley - laugh there is something very odd with fatigue... it just seems odd, by the time I'd showered, barely had strength to dress myself/dry myself smiley - laughsmiley - wah I hate being so weak... its just so not me smiley - grr but, oddly now my brain is quite alert, as it tends to do later at night, kind of out of track/kilter with physical tiredness, which isn't of course tiredness, as its fatigue smiley - weird - at least I've the excitingment of the B12 sublingual tablets to try tomorrow... think I'll dose it up to 3000 MG per day for a few days, then down to 1000 MG per day You can't overdose on B vits as they're soluable in water smiley - zen Mind, the B-complex hasn't arrived yet, and that helps with utalisation or absorption of the B12 I seem to recall smiley - dohsmiley - alienfrown

Removed

Post 11

U15002749

This post has been removed.

Post 12

Baron Grim

Ah, that must be it. 2legs just needed yet another spam bot to diagnose his unnoticed yeast infection.

What was the last spambot pushing? I want to say it might have been Androgel, but that may have just been what was occupying my attention at the time.

I wonder why these spambots are attracted to your old journal posts?

Post 13

how very very odd! = first bit of activity of much on the site in days.... and it's my journals being targeted by spam-botts pushing male testosterone boosting smiley - laughsmiley - snorksmiley - snork talking of testosterone.... I'm bored so off to the gym again for.... third day in a row, - and at gym tomorrow for personal trainer smiley - puffsmiley - zen

Removed

Post 14

Syedtutul

This post has been removed.

Key: Complain about this post