This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Of ginger beer... ... only I've only now got one bottle of the Jamican ginger beer left smiley - wahsmiley - drool

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 2

Hypatia

Is ginger beer what we call ginger ale, or is it something alcoholic?

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 3

You can* I think get an alcoholic version, but this is just a soft fizzy kinda drink, with no* alcohol in it... so probably yes, its the same <zen. The D&B jamican ginger beer is really* gingery flavoured which I like smiley - drool
though I hardly ever have fizzy drinks asides this very* occasionally, so I can't drink a whole bottle very quickly, and I often find it too fizzy when I first open it... but a few days in teh fridge the fizzyness drops a bit smiley - magic
Oh, and its like a small bottle I'd guess about 330 mililitres or thereabouts with a screw top so I can have half then reseal it smiley - zen

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 4

KB

Have you tried this kind 2legs? You won't want to try any other.

http://www.fentimans.com/range.php

A real spicy, gingery kick to it. After I tried it the rest just seem like sugary fizz water. The other ones they make are pretty good, too.

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 5

Hypatia

About the only good brand we have here is Canada Dry. I like it and generally have a bottle of it in the house. It's great to help settle an upset stomach.

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 6

KB

Ginger ale like Canada Dry's slightly different from ginger beer. The latter is cloudy, and tastes a lot more strongly of ginger, with more burn to it.

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 7

Hypatia

If I ever see any, I'll definitely give it a try. I love ginger.

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 8

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

I'm all about the alcoholic ginger beer...

Lovely chilled on a warm afternoon smiley - smiley (and would probably make a lovely shandy if you're driving!)

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 9

KB

Never tried it, Robyn! It's not all sweet and alco-popy, is it?

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 10

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

http://www.maineroot.com/products_gingerbrew.php

We sell their root beer on draft (made in Austin), and most of their other sodas in bottles (made in Maine).

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 11

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I was going to suggest going to Trader Joe's--they carry a couple of very yummy gingery ginger ale and beer, but I used the store locator and saw that you're even farther from TJ's than we are--and they don't do online orderingsmiley - wah

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 12

I used to make alcoholic ginger beer at home with my Dad, which we'd drink especially in the summer smiley - drool hmmm... probalby my introduction to alcohol really as I'd have been about 12 or 13 I think when we started making it smiley - snorksmiley - drool

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 13

Hypatia

Amy, I'm a long way from just about everything. smiley - sadface

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 14

*ahem*
http://allnaturalsoda.bigcartel.com/product/ginger-brew

smiley - biggrin

Or I could get you a case wholesale and send it smiley - tongueout

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 15

Hypatia

That's pretty pricey since you'd have to add shipping charges. Is it that much better than Canada Dry to be worth the difference?

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 16

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

It's got a beery background though it can be a little sweet. I've only tried Crabbies though, there's a couple of people making it now. If you ever find yourself in a wether(spoon of doom) they do a couple of varieties...

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 17

Yes, it is pricey, but then so is almost any drink made by a small, independent, two-brother company compared to a drink made by a multi-national corporation. And yes, it's a whole lot better.

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 18

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Here's a recipe to make old fashioned ginger beer. Careful not to let the bottle explode! smiley - rocket

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/drinks/old-fashioned-ginger-beer-recipe_p_1.html

A827426 <----- our own h2g2 Ginger Beer Recipe which seems to have been hidden

smiley - run I'll go ask what the matter is with it.

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 19

KB

smiley - groan The weirdest things are being hidden lately.

Lashigns and lashings...

Post 20

Baron Grim

smiley - cross

Key: Complain about this post