This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Bit of a shock...

Post 21

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Sadly not digestion....

Sorry shoudl have updated on here sooner but I had to do dinner and stuff...

He's had an angiogram, angioplasty, one or more stents put in (I guess to the coronary artery[s], and is to be kept in for about two days... He'll have a nice collection of drugs, I'm guessing statins, some kind of anti clotting/thining thing, stuff to reduce cholesterole, and blood pressure etc... And, they even told him to stop smoking... Mind he probably shoudln't have tried doing it on the ward... smiley - snorksmiley - doh
No really clear information from anyone as they're always bluddy useless at hearing what is being said, remembering what is being said, and knowing what is important... Its a bit like Chinese whispers I guess...
So he shoudl be out in a couple days, but they won't want him having any visitors then, as they're really interested from what I recall, in the first week or so, in trying* to keep the patient as stable as possible to reduce risks of second episode, They don't even like you walking about or such like in those first few days afterwards, which I know he'll find neigh on impossible smiley - doh
By the sounds of it he's not feeling that* awful; He ate food in the hospital, then sent my brother down to get him some sandwichs and choc from the concourse downstairs smiley - snorksmiley - erm May attempt to visit whilst he's in hospital if I can, just so maybe I can speak to a doctor there, as otherwise, no one will ever know any of the details, about the severity or such like as they're all so terrible at hearing what doctors say, let alone at understanding and remembering it smiley - doh

Bit of a shock...

Post 22

KB

Glad he seems to be doing well, mate. smiley - hug

Bit of a shock...

Post 23

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

'nother smiley - hug

If he's eating and wanted more that's a good sign.

I'm sure he'd love a visit from you.

Bit of a shock...

Post 24

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Plenty of smiley - hugs to all from grandad & me smiley - smooch

Bit of a shock...

Post 25

You can call me TC

smiley - hug You'll cheer him up and the doctors will hopefully be more coherent with you once they realise they're dealing with someone who knows what they're talking about.

We'll feed the Chinchilla while you're gone - don't worry about that.

Bit of a shock...

Post 26

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Send him my best wishes willya? smiley - cuddle

Bit of a shock...

Post 27

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Here to him having a speedy recovery, 2legs smiley - smoochsmiley - hug

Bit of a shock...

Post 28

I'll have to see if I can make it to the hospital in the next few days whilst he's still there, Maybe tommorrow I can find out some more and stuff smiley - doh and thanks everyone smiley - blush

Bit of a shock...

Post 29

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

If you should need us...

If you should *ever* need us...

Bit of a shock...

Post 30

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Smoking on the ward after a coronary event smiley - bigeyes Now I think we know where you get your, er... character from 2legs smiley - tongueout

Bit of a shock...

Post 31

smiley - snork I don't think even my Father would dare try smoking on the ward... Hospitals are so* anti smoking now... actually we both got told off by security last time we were at the same hospital a year or so back for some scan I was having, as we both lit up on entering the carpark... smiley - snorksmiley - doh
Hopefully he'll just quit again, he gave up for a few years some time bac, but restarted again smiley - doh Its a bad idea to smoke though once you've got the stents in as it makes em a lot* more prone to building up gunk on them and restricting the blood flow smiley - doh

Bit of a shock...

Post 32

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Smoking is a bitch smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Bit of a shock...

Post 33

Orcus

Glad to hear he's OK 2legs smiley - cheers

Bit of a shock...

Post 34

He oughta be leaving the hospital tommorrow and going home... smiley - magic So I should be able to speak to him at some point tommorrow smiley - smiley

Bit of a shock...

Post 35

toybox

Glad to hear that smiley - cheers

Bit of a shock...

Post 36

You can call me TC

Yeah - keep us posted. I feel I know your Dad - we've been following his antics for years.

Bit of a shock...

Post 37

smiley - snork Unfortunately I think his antics may be somewaht curtailed by this... Well at least they should be, I dunno.... maybe there is something* in what these doctor types say about smoking, drinking and eating the wrong food not being that* good a thing to do smiley - snorksmiley - doh
Of course... Quite how much he'll pay attention to what the docs say and adjust his lifestyle accordingly is another matter; The most difficult bit and I was talking to S last night about this, will be to try* and make him rest and recover etc., for a period at least... I knwo as soon as he's out, and by the sound of it, he's alreayd not feeling that* bad, he'll want to go out and start chopping wood cutting down trees and cutting the grass and basically getting back into work smiley - doh : True he's been talking about reducing work for years now, since he 'retired' but he only really reduced what he was doing a bit, as he just gets boared if he's not doing 'stuff' smiley - doh
I guess he will at least obey them and quit smoking, well he did it before for a couple of years so at least he knows he can do it... Weather the bacon goes off the menu is another matter entirely smiley - winkeyesmiley - flyingpigsmiley - droolsmiley - wah
He had certainly cut back the amoutn of booze he drinks when he was ill with all the diverticulosis stuff, and that may be one annoying thing, as with the drugs he'll be on, I guess mainly due to the blood thinning effects of the one you have to take for 12 months, he'll not be able to have his hernia sorted out until after that smiley - doh
I may buy him a new set of fishing gear, as he was talking about restarting that a while ago, and perhaps if he does cut the work down he can start spending more time just sitting by the river fishing... Mind, that never exactly stopped him getting in trubble before smiley - snork
Hopefully will find out later and get to speak to him, if indeed he is let out today smiley - grovelsmiley - zen
I'll wait a week or two before going down to see him,as they apparently recommend that they don't have lots of visitors and such like for a week or two whilst recovery is still in its main stages smiley - scientist

Bit of a shock...

Post 38

The idea he was being released yesterday was just another bit of Chinese whisper smiley - doh But he is* coming home today, probably oughta be on the road by now smiley - zen

Bit of a shock...

Post 39

Hypatia

I'm glad he's out of the hospital. Dredful places, hospitals. Let's hope he behaves himself and keeps improving. smiley - hug He especially needs to stop smoking and watch the sugars and starches. Heart disease and diabetes seem to go hand in hand.

Bit of a shock...

Post 40

Sugar and starches?; but that is exactly the food recommended by the NHS, british heart foundation and severl other sources I found online; they recomended reducing meat, dairy etc, and increasing oily fish, veg, breads grains and pastas and such like smiley - huhsmiley - ermsmiley - weird
I'll try giving them a call in a bit see if they're back yet smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more