This is the Message Centre for The H2G2 Editors

Immortality

Post 1

C

As is obvious in his impact on so many of us, Mr. Adams will live forever.

For his wife and daughter and mum and so many relatives and friends we who did not know him personally can only imagine the shock and sadness that they feel, the void that he will leave.

I know that for me it is difficult to account to those around me for why I am crying over an author I've never actually met. He wrote so well. He had a terrific sense of humour. He so accurately captured so much of this crazy social interaction we have here on this small green planet.

I will always be grateful to Mr. Adams for his impact on my life. My thoughts are with his family - I am so sorry for your loss.

Immortality

Post 2

Researcher 174800

May Christ be with the family of DNA. He was a great author, with insight abounding. I hope that we all will one day have a chance to meet with him, and have a drink at the restaurant at the end of the universe.
God Bless

Immortality

Post 3

JLC the TTP aka ...It's All Happening!

As I lay me down to sleep,
I pray with all my heart
his dearest loveds ones
Will be comforted.
Can look up and feel
complete...Knowing well
in Christ he will keep.
Yet in the stillness
I bow my head
and know they weep.
I pray tonight
A loving palm encompass
whom in his love abides
the light.
Guide his star to make
within all right
Abide, dove of peace, alight
in eternal blessing
of his universal might.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The H2G2 Editors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more