A Conversation for London Black Cabs

Overpaid and over rated

Post 1

Incitatus

Cab prices have just gone up again making them the most expensive in the world. And for what... sure they know every nook and cranny but who cares. Two years training is just a waste of time when a small computer and a GPS system sort it all out for you. I have been in a couple of mini cabs with them and they are perfect and about 25-50% the price.

Sure, black cabs are charming and you can have a chat but... well I'd rather spend the money in another way frankly. So shouldn't mini-cabs be able to pick people up in the street?

Overpaid and over rated

Post 2

Researcher 228022

PRIVET HIRE CAN PICK UP IN THE SREET

Overpaid and over rated

Post 3

Researcher 228022

PRIVET HIRE CAN PICK UP IN THE SREET

Overpaid and over rated

Post 4

hux

^^^
But that's only if you happen to be carrying a privet at the time, and considering such garden ornamentation is not particularly portable this service would appear to be somewhat redundant.

But in any case privately operated minicabs *cannot* legally pick you up off the street. Not that this stops them most of the time...

Overpaid and over rated

Post 5

Martin

I get the privet, but what's a sreet?

Overpaid and over rated

Post 6

The Apprentice

The sreet is the carefree period between getting drunk and feeling sick as a mule, when everything in the world somehow seems to have melted away into a simmering pot of warmth, fuzziness and good-natured fun. Best enjoyed somewhere secure and comfortable, but often experienced lying face up in a gutter. Scholars believe the word 'sreet' derives from a corruption of the phrase 'it's alright'.

smiley - cheers

The Apprentice

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more