A Conversation for London Black Cabs

Saaaaf

Post 1

wide_inside

Black cab drivers are obliged to take you wherever you want to go, as long as it is within five miles. Other than that, it is at their discretion.
This is all well and good, but I live south of the river, and can you get one of the bxxxers to take you? Can you heck.

wide

Saaaaf

Post 2

Mardi Gra

There are loads of regulations cabbies ignore. Apparently, they're obliged to keep a bail of hay in the back for the horse - a rule they all flout. I tell you, it's an outrage. smiley - winkeye

Saaaaf

Post 3

tom

Does anyone remember the TV play "the knowlege" by Maureen Lipman's husband? Jack ... i've forgotten his surname.

Great fun. It means that if I do see his name in the program previews adverts I'll watch anything by him whatever the suject smiley - winkeye

New York cabs

Post 4

Decaf Silicon

Groovy article. Links to other taxi articles would complete the package.

New York cabs

Post 5

tom

Jack Rosenthal I think you mean. "The Knowlege" was a magnificent play. It was repeated a couple of years ago AND I MISSED IT !!!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more