This is the Message Centre for GreyDesk

Just got back Home...

Post 1

GreyDesk

I am really not sure about this "moderation" lark.

I don't feel I have a clear picture as to how it will work in practise. There have been lots of soothing words from TPTB about how little will change, yet there was a really hissy fit kicking off on the "h2g2chat" site at Yahboo about censorship of a guide entry in these early days back.

The moderator's point was that the entry was available to anyone and could offend. The Community was saying "look at the context". There has to be a balance somewhere and I hope that it is found soon. No one will post if we have to write as if we were writing for Blue Peter.

In that vein, I will hold off for the time being with my discussion about Philip Larkin's poem, "This Be The Verse".

Just got back Home...

Post 2

hatameiwaku

you know, I got something removed recently, it was a journal entry, I called it changing s!x!s in dreams, and the phrase making --out was included, but you know, I was watching a home improvement re-run, don't ask why, I just don't know. and one of the boys said Making-- out, and those two things are the only two things I can think of that would have caused it to be removed, I agree, it's all about context kids, all about context.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GreyDesk

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more