A Conversation for Bananas

The Danger of Monoculturism in Large Societies...

Post 21

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

That's a funny thing, isn't it! I'm a graphic designer, but I have a very eclectic set of interests - science and biology, literature, and music. I figure it wouldn't be fun if it was my job - I don't sit around at home and read design magazines after work.

I was surprised to see that the bananas entry was the editor's choice for the day - I expected it to re-enter into the edited guide without fanfare. (It's been in there before, but was removed because of moderation concerns.) They even drew a picture! Yay!

Orcus, what's the article in Peer Review? I'll take a look after posting this. I've read the prions article, which was helpful.

The Danger of Monoculturism in Large Societies...

Post 22

Orcus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F48874?thread=108187&skip=0&show=20 Cheers Lentilla, must admit I've been getting a little fed up as I hang about Peer Review quite a lot and its annoying seeing people go "ooh your article's great" and then nothing happens; whereas I've seen several articles get recommended having been on Peer Review for far less time (you'll see I've already had quite a discussion with Barton about it). I dare say there's much older articles than mine on there though...

Thread Moved

Post 23

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Current University Projects' to 'Bananas'.

To article being discussed.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more