A Conversation for The Manifesto for the Campaign to rename Thursday, "Thing"

I want to join the Thingites!!

Post 1

Oracle428

The Oracle - Knower of all things random and irrelevant... and I get to sit in a really cool chair looking ominous and mystical...
smiley - magicsmiley - witch

Post 2

Narapoia

Oh wow! You look really ominous and mystical! You'll fit in well with all the other weirdoes round here!

Sorry about the lack of response to your membership application. The normal chain of events involves our Beloved Leader Clive, or one of his appointed acolytes, gabbling you in and doffing you with you own titamium plated smiley - spork, but he's been a little bit otherwise engaged lately. Not sure whether it's computer problems, zams or other skool related stuff or staring starry eyed into the visage of his Beloved. And as I'm just a hanger on rather than an acolyte I don't get to do gabbling.
So you may have to be patient for the official stuff, but do join in the fun on the various Thingite threads.
Enjoy!

Post 3

Narapoia

But then as you're the Oracle I expect you knew all that already.
smiley - biggrin

Post 4

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

The Oracle - Knower of all things random and irrelevant... and I get to sit in a really cool chair looking ominous and mystical...

Hereby pro'claim'ed! smiley - smiley

*bangs gabble* smiley - wizard

smiley - spork

The Beloved is the shower at the moment - but I'll tell her you said 'hi'. smiley - loveblush

Post 5

Narapoia

Ah, so you can drag yourself away long enough to do a bit of gabbling, then?!
Hi Beloved One! And a clean one, too!

Post 6

Shea the Sarcastic

Tell her I said hi too! smiley - biggrin

Post 7

Oracle428

Oooo... I want to say hi to the Beloved, too... "Hi Beloved"... and hello to Clive the Flying Ostrich, Narapoia with an "a", and Shea the Sarcastic... It is lovely to meet all of you.

Have some smiley - coffee... I brought enough for everybody.

Thursday Sucks!!! Woo Hoo!! and I absolutely love the smiley - spork... its beautiful. I shall display it with pride. Many shall come to gaze at the smiley - spork of the Oracle and be inspired by its beauty and magnitude... And I shall spread the word of the suppression of that abominable day 'Thursday,' and the uprise of the enlightened and powerful 'THING.'

~The Oracle, Knower of all things Random and Irrelevant, and Keeper of the smiley - spork of the Oracle~ smiley - witchsmiley - magic

Post 8

Shea the Sarcastic

We love your enthusiasm Oracle, but to be truly and deeply Thingite, you mustn't use the "T" word ... Thsmiley - bleepday works just fine for us ... smiley - winkeye

Post 9

Shea the Sarcastic

... when you need to actually *use* the "T" word, I meant. Otherwise, Thing! Thing! Thing! smiley - huhsmiley - spork

Post 10

Oracle428

I will definately keep that bit of advice in mind and use it for future reference... However, I will not fear the cursed day... I will stand in the face of the cursed day and laugh WHaHaHaHaHa smiley - evilgrin... Like they say in Harry Potter... "Fear of a name creates fear of the thing itself."... but, out of respect for my fellow Thingites, I will refrain from using the name of the cursed day, until such time that I am face to face with its cursedness, and I can properly call it out by its name (in a very derogatory and condescending manner of course) and laugh at it WHaHaHaHaHa smiley - evilgrin until it cries in defeat smiley - wah and forfeits it's rights to the All-Might Thing!!!

Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!! Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!! Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!! Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!! Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!!

Chant with me now...

Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!! Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!! Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!! Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!! Long Live the Thing smiley - spork!!!

Ok, 'nuff chanting for today... we shall resume chanting again at a later time. smiley - biggrin -- the Oracle has spoken (and all that silliness smiley - silly)

~The Oracle, Knower of all things Random and Irrelevant~ smiley - witchsmiley - magic

Post 11

Narapoia

Always nice to see a bit of enthusiasm among the new converts, eh?!

Post 12

Oracle428

Just doing my job. smiley - biggrin

Post 13

'Tis most splendid, indeed. smiley - biggrin
Keep it up. smiley - ok

Post 14

John Luc

Er, may I join the Thingites as well?

-Madman42q

Post 15

Sure have you selected a title you want to be inducted under? smiley - smiley

Post 16

Oracle428

Hey Madman,smiley - biggrin

Funny bumping into you over here in the Thingite thread... Welcome...smiley - hug... pull up a chair, make yourself comfortable, have some smiley - coffee...

Here, you can borrow my titanium-plated smiley - spork until Clive can get you one of your very own... they come in handy for lots of stuff.

~The Oracle, Knower of all things Random and Irrelevant~ smiley - witchsmiley - magic

Post 17

ah. so you two know each other then? smiley - smiley

Post 18

Oracle428

Yep... met over at the P.U.D.D.I.N.G. thread actually....

Hey smiley - bigeyes... I just got a good idea for a joke:

"An Oracle, a Madman, and a Flying Ostrich walk into a bar"....

Ok, so thats all I've got so far (my creativity only works at random intervals) smiley - winkeye... Any good ideas for a punchline?

Post 19

Sometime around christmas an oracle and a madman walk into a bar.
Said the madman to oracle: "so what you can see the future then?"

O: "No."

M: "But I thought you were a wizard?

O: Reality is an illusion

M: That's insane.

O: Mines a pint.

M: I'll get the rounds in...

Madman walks up to the bar. Where he stands next to large, bipedal ostrich vying for the barmans attention.

The Oracle shouted of the din of the bar: "It's not a turkey!"

The madman, sunk his teeth into the arm of the ostrich and murmered something about craving some cranberry sauce.

"Ouch" said the oracle.

A few moments later the madman landed next to him and burbled soemthign incoherent.

smiley - winkeye

Post 20

Oracle428

smiley - rofl I have no clue what all thats about... but its hillarious... ha ha ha ha ha... I seriously can't stop laughing... thats the funniest thing I've heard in days... smiley - rofl

How 'bout this one:

An Oracle, a Madman, and a Flying Ostrich walk into a bar. The Oracle sits on a barstool looking ominous and mystical. The ostrich haphazardly flaps in beside her and starts pecking at the peanuts. The bartender asks the Madman, "So, whats up with your freaky friends?" The Madman replies, "Oh, them? My shrink says they're merely manifestations of my protective concience and my inner child, and they're having what I'm having." smiley - stiffdrink

Ok, so I'm a psych major... its the best I could do...smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post