A Conversation for Ghanada

Alternative Writing Workshop: A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 1

Atrijit

Entry: Ghanada - A18771465
Author: Atrijit Dasgupta - U6998920

This is about a popular fictional character in Bengali literature.

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 2

minorvogonpoet

This is an interesting piece and makes these stories sound well worth reading. smiley - smiley

As this is a factual account, would it be better aimed at the Edited Guide?

I would put more paragraph spaces in your piece, as it is a bit dense as it stands.

The clause towards the end "In 'Mosquito' Ghana-da saves mankind from a new and deadly breed of the insect" repeats earlier information and could be cut.

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

This is fascinating.smiley - biggrin Thank you for sharing this - I must read these stories. (Which I hope are in English.)

The idea of combining the tall tale with scientific plausibility to achieve philosophical insight reminds me of Umberto Eco, particularly 'Foucault's Pendulum'.

A suggestion, if I may: Following MVP's lead, I want to suggest this as a guide entry for Peer Review.

To achieve this, please use GuideML, as follows:

Change the entry to 'GuideML' using the button at the bottom of the editing tool.

In front of each paragraph, put .

At the end of each paragraph, put

Between sections, put Title of Section (Think of something clever)

Then send it to Peer Review.

It is simple, and that way more readers will be introduced to this lovely set of stories.

smiley - run to find them. What is the best one to start with? Is anything available online?

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 4

Atrijit

Hi
Thanks for the suggestions - would do that all that and resubmit tomorrow. One piece of mine is in the Edited Guide, but that was accepted long ago, had forgotten the rules smiley - smiley

Would try and find some pieces online - I think a selection has been translated into English as well.

Atrijit

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 5

Atrijit

Hi
You are right - would follow your suggestions.
Atrijit

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 6

Atrijit

BTW this is what I had published in the Edited Guide - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A43407623

and another piece not in the edited guide -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A42377259

Need a little guidance - I submitted one piece called "Long Ago - in Rajasthan" - I dont intend it to be in the edited guide, but don't know how to submit it elsewhere. Can you tell me how?

Regards

Atrijit Dasgupta

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 7

smiley - biggrin That guide entry is fascinating. Lyrical, beautiful. An example for those who think EG pieces should be dry and dull.

I am imagining ferocious peacocks now, and vaguely disturbing donkeys...

You could submit the Rajasthan piece here, for our delectation, or send it to smiley - thepost - the email link is on that page. The editors there will be delighted.smiley - winkeye

Thank you for these glimpses into other places.

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 8

Atrijit

Hi dmitrigheorgheni,

"You could submit the Rajasthan piece here, for our delectation"

Consider it submitted in like manner.Now what?
Thanks

Atrijit Dasgupta

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 9

minorvogonpoet

Your piece about Tughlakabad is most evocative. smiley - smiley

If you want to put your piece 'Long Ago in Rajasthan' in the AWW for review, click the 'Submit for Review' button at the right of the screen. Then, when you get a list of possibilities, select 'Alternative Writing Workshop'.

One or more of us will be around to comment. smiley - ok

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 10

Bluebottle

I definitely think this should have gone into the Edited Guide - anyone willing to second a move to Flea Market?

<BB<

A18771465 - Ghanada

Post 11

smiley - ok I second that motion.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more