A Conversation for h2g2 New Users

posting entries

Post 1

Solitaire

I posted an entry reguarding squirrels on my user page. How do I get this entry to become available in the main entry search? Is this something that will happen over time or do I need to do something special to get my page to become a "qualified official" entry?

posting entries

Post 2

Master Yoshi

yes, quite. how do we submit entries to the guide? let me know editorial people if you can hear.........

posting entries

Post 3

Slacker

The answer to this question (and some others) can be found on the "Don't Panic" pages. If you click on the "Don't Panic" button on the front page of the site, you will see the overview of the site, explaining what you can do here.

Submitting articles is described in the Frequently Asked Questions page, which is linked from the main "Don't Panic" page described above.

Tim

posting entries

Post 4

Smiley Ben

Or you could just tell us! smiley - winkeye

Pah! Someone who expects us to read FAQs! smiley - winkeye))

Even if you had, it isn't much use - you don't get an 'add new page' thing on your main page until you already have one!

What I did in easy steps...

Click on your journal, and from there click 'add new page', write a page, and then when you go back to your main page (my home) there will be a little thing about it right at the bottom. If you click edit next to it, you can submit it for rejection, as they 'optimistically' call it! smiley - winkeye

posting entries

Post 5

Sonic Healer

I fear I may be irredeemably dim; but I still couldn't get it to work. The option to "Add new page" never seems to appear. Adding to my own journal is no problem, but I'm not too interested in wasting this resource just to keep a private diary!

posting entries

Post 6

Sean

Errrm. There was a tiny hiccup at launch, which meant, yes, you didn't get an "add new page" link until you'd already added a page.

We've fixed it now, so the great un-posted will always have that link smiley - smiley

Sean.

posting entries

Post 7

Smiley Ben

Thank God (i.e. Sean) - my fingers were getting worn out what with repeating myself!

posting entries

Post 8

wtiger

Excuse me, but do I need to delete my research account which was incorrectly created?
Or just continue with this new one I created since I couldn't post a message without an account?
The old number was 27184. Thanks.

posting entries

Post 9

S.R.A.H.

How did you know that gif in your message was in the H2H2 images directory? I am trying to compile a list ( http://www.h2g2.com/P95410 ). I would just list the directory, but my site browser does not seem to want to.

posting entries

Post 10

Smiley Ben

I didn't know about the image in the images directory. It automatically changes :.-.). (without the dots) to smiley - winkeye

posting entries

Post 11

S.R.A.H.

Cool smiley - smiley

posting entries

Post 12

Fandango (a.k.a Researcher 43647)

I cannot post an entry (Ne and how many others ?)

Following the info does not seem to work no matter how many times i try (I always get the message 'This is where your message will entry's will appear....) instead of the entry i 'Entered'

As this is not a isolated occurance,is there a bug fix or something....

posting entries

Post 13

Fandango (a.k.a Researcher 43647)

I cannot post an entry (Ne and how many others ?)

Following the info does not seem to work no matter how many times i try (I always get the message 'This is where your message will entry's will appear....) instead of the entry i 'Entered'

As this is not a isolated occurance,is there a bug fix or something....

Key: Complain about this post