A Conversation for h2g2 New Users

How did you find this place?

Post 81

Zach Garland

Did you tell him it was due to reverse temporal engineering? That's how I'm explaining everything nowadays. The perfect excuse.

Post 82

Jim the Wonder Llama (back from yonder)

Ooooo, does that explain why Mr Jackson appears to be getting whiter? Or how people actually thought of the idea of wrist watches?

Post 83

JJJHowqua

I found this place through Floor 42. Just for any of you who care, Floor 42 is a very cool douglas adams site. Its at www.floor42.com (surprise surpirse!).

Did you know that that the reverse pull of the full moon cause the oceans to tip up backwards and cause an unnaturally low tide as the water is slowly sucked into the core of the earth? You knew that? That's funny, I didn't! I thought I had just made it up...

Post 84

Zach Garland

you did just make that up, about twenty years ago.

Post 85

Macrobitz

I was sent an e-mail on the 24th March 1999 and when I arrived I appeared to have intercepted transmissions form some
researchers to Ford! Since then I have visited on occasions and then I hibernated for a while or so and now on my arrival
this site appeared from nowhere!! Where have all you guys come from!?
Wow. Where are all those reports now I wonder?

Post 86

ringWraith917

Like that other person (only one? come on you guys), I just entered hitchhiker(or hitchhikers) into the address bar. I was then magically transported to the land where it's okay to be a little off your rocker (or, in the case of some of the people here, light years away from your rocker). I had been randomly entering things in there for about an hour (you find the weirdest stuff thataway). This was the last thing I entered. I spent the rest of my day here.

As to how I was hooked into this realm of the nonsensical, my older brother suggested the first book. It was the funniest book I had read up until then (I was about fourteen). I have read the rest of the trilogy since then and enjoyed every convoluted character and unpredictable plot twist.

Post 87

FryingMonkey

I'm not entirely sure, but i think i was on a mailing list from The Digital Village, Douglas Adams' website, and i got a link via email...i think, i think, i think...but maybe not.

Post 88

Setra Nath

i found in a sydney paper

Post 89

Demon Drawer

I clicked on a link while reading The Times online one day. The rest is history.

*backs out to find something else to say*

Post 90

Lady MacBeth

I found it in The Guardian. Very pleased about it too I am.

Post 91

Firefly

I went to www.ask.com and typed in "hitchiker's guide to the galaxy" and this came up. Soooo... here I am, now an official resercher, prepared with towel, tea, peanuts, and all.

Post 92

Firefly

I went to www.ask.com and typed in "hitchiker's guide to the galaxy" and this came up. Soooo... here I am, now an official resercher, prepared with towel, tea, peanuts, and all.

Post 93

Psybro

I typed in 'The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy' on my MSN search engine and this was one of the sites that came up. I then realised that this site is bloomin' marvellous. That's it really. Now I'm an official Field Researcher, and proud of it.smiley - smiley

Post 94

nivram

I heared a speach of Douglas Adams today in Berlin about this project.
Probably a lot will join this sight tonight the first time
May be thats the reason the response of the server is so slow ?

Key: Complain about this post