A Conversation for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Why are we here?

Post 121

Brox (a.k.a. Researcher 43342)

finally. with a brain the size of a planet, he should know where we are!

Why are we here?

Post 122

Zach Garland

Marvin knows where we are. He just doesn't care. And why should he? What with all that pain down the diodes on his left side.

Why are we here?

Post 123

Fluke

Marvin knows almost everything.
It's just that people don't always ask him.
He knew The Answer when they were on the Disaster Area ship, but they didn't get time to find out.

Why are we here?

Post 124

sweetndark

Yeah, and then all that time walking round in circles, and that amazingly stupid matress, and then after that, what happens, only some homicidal,long-forgotten-in-the-eddies-of-the-space-time-continuum robots come and nick your leg!- what kind of a life is this for an intellect the size of a planet? smiley - fish

Why are we here?

Post 125

you forget the few second of joy he had before he dies before god's finnal words.

Why are we here?

Post 126

Fluke

If you see my friend Zem, tell him that Zem told Zem that Zem asked Zem to go out on a date.

Why are we here?

Post 127

Leia

Zem tells me to tell you thanks as Zem would have missed Zem if you hadn't passed that message on.

Why are we here?

Post 128

if zem finds out that zem is cheating on zem with zem, will zem kill zem or zem?

Why are we here?

Post 129

Leia

I think that Zem would kill Zem, but he may be annoyed enough to kill Zem too. You know that Zem has a possessiveness problem with Zem.

Why are we here?

Post 130

Fluke

How could you say that about Zem? You know, Zem's quite nice really. I was talking to Zem yesterday when he said my uncle Zem had said that Zem was explaining Zem's ideology to Zem when Zem came in. Zem mentioned that Zem was pretending that (continued on page 94)

Why are we here?

Post 131

if your uncle is zem, then who is mez?

Why are we here?

Post 132

Fluke

Mez is my auntie.

Why are we here?

Post 133

Zach Garland

Dere's gold in zem dere hills!

Why are we here?

Post 134

Fluke

Den is dere platinum in dem dere mountains?

Why are we here?

Post 135

wait! who's den! and wut n' tarnation's e do'n with gold n' platnium?

Why are we here?

Post 136

Zach Garland

Mah biscuits are burnin'! Mah biscuits are burnin'!

[may Mel Blanc either rest in peace or spin in his grave]

Why are we here?

Post 137

Zach Garland

And for those of you with slow modem connections, perhaps we should move this thread, such as it is, to another conversation forum. Care to give this a try?

"Why are you there?"
http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=623&thread=9194

Why are we here?

Post 138

Ender

Does it really matter where we are?
I have a cousin who was raised in a poor family. His parents had ten children to provide for. Anyway somehow his favorite friend named Jim came from a wealthy family, he lived in a georgeous home and had the best of everything. Jim spent all his time at my cousins house, when my cousin bough an old broken down jeep, Jim bought one just like it, even though he already had a nice truck.
My cousin is the type of person who knows how to hve fun with dirt. And somehow when he is around we all have fun with dirt. The more work and grease and difficult the game the better. I don't know if there is anywhere better than this somewhere else, but whether there is or is not, If I don't enjoy where I am now to the fullest. It won't matter where I end up, cause I won't enjoy it half as much.

Why are we here?

Post 139

Ender

If there is no point, and no cosmic purpose, So we should just enjoy it while it lasts? Then isn't that the point? Isn't that the purpose? TO ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!!!! YOu are Brilliant! You solved the question. Man is that he might have joy. Tell me do you attend Yale or Cambridge?

Why are we here?

Post 140

Digital Watch

Bats are mice on hand-gliders I think pigeons are just there to make a mess!

Key: Complain about this post