This is the Message Centre for Yael Smith

Greetings Elly :)

Post 1

Phoenix

smiley - ok Greetings and Welcome to H2G2! smiley - ok

I'm Phoenix, one of the ACEs here on H2G2.com. I saw that you were new here, so I thought I'd stop by and make sure you know we're glad you're here. I see you've already gotten a couple of greetings. smiley - smiley As you can see, we're a pretty friendly bunch around here.

I also see that you've been doing some greeting yourself. Hmmmm, perhaps we have a future ACE in the making here. smiley - winkeye

If you need any help finding anything, on the site or in the books, please feel free to ask. In the meantime, you might want to check out my List of Usefull Links (http://www.h2g2.com/A489341) for more information on the site.

smiley - smiley Have a pleasant continued existance. smiley - smiley

42!

Phoenix

^..^
smiley - fish

Oops, almost forgot ...

Post 2

Phoenix

By the way, I really like your given name, Ya'el. That is the most beautiful name I've come across in a long time. smiley - ok

42!

Phoenix

^..^
smiley - fish

Oops, almost forgot ...

Post 3

Yael Smith

Well, thanx, Phoenix, for the warm welcome. You are a friendly bunch here, ain't ya? smiley - smiley
I have been checkin' other people's pages, mainly to see what they do in them, but also to check out the new kids on the "block"- are they as clumsy as I am in choosing what to do with their pages? Do they feel like me, being it's their 1st time round? and I also believe it's pretty nice to encourage people and lettin' them feel noticed. But, well, I guess they didn't need my cheering up, because they did quite well on their own.
About my name- noone calls me Elly, except for English speakin' friends, which I think, can manage it better then Ya'el. I like my name too, though it doesn't really become of me, so thanx again. You - and only you- may use it, if you like smiley - tongueout .
Ya'el

Sorry about the long response time...

Post 4

Phoenix

Greetings again, Ya'el smiley - smiley

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but these days I'm not on the internet very often.

Why do you say Ya'el doesn't become you very well?

42!

Phoenix

^..^
smiley - fish

Sorry about the long response time...

Post 5

Yael Smith

Well, Ya'el is a sort of a mountain goat, I think it's called an Obix in English, and anyway- it's a fast, beautyful and elegant animal. Now me and speed never really met, so I guess that's the main reason... smiley - smiley
I'm now a well known researcher, and as you can see my space has changed alot. I don't do greetings anymore, and I was actually a Scout for two months... smiley - smiley
Where are you? What are you up to?

Ya'el

me again ...

Post 6

Phoenix

Greetings smiley - smiley

I'm in Denver, Colorado, USA. It's an OK place, but I'm thinking about moving to Oregon (which is where I was born) in the next few years.

What am I up to? Well, at the beginning of July I took a trip with my girlfriend to the Oregon coast to go to her family reunion, and we stopped and visited some of my family on the way back. It was a fun trip and I really enjoyed being able to get some good fresh seafood while we were there. Seeing my family was good, and I got to meet my new sister-in-law; and she and my brother seem to be doing pretty well.

Now I'm back in Denver, working again and looking forward to my next vacation. smiley - smiley

Glad to hear that you've become so active on the site. Unfortunately I'm no longer an ACE. smiley - sadface I had to give it up cause I don't spend very much time on the internet anymore now that I moved in with my girlfriend. She can get sort of jeaous of the computer hogging up all my time. smiley - winkeye

42!

Phoenix

^..^
smiley - fish

me again ...

Post 7

Yael Smith

I know what you mean- I gave up Scouting when I thought I'm moving to England. But hey- we can always talk here, when you have the time. I probably would vanish after the next few weeks- He's coming here!!!smiley - biggrin YAY!

me again ...

Post 8

Phoenix

I probably would vanish after the next few weeks- He's coming here!!!

Eh? I didn't quite understand that. You're vanishing (not gonna be around) after the next few weeks? Who is going there?

42!

Phoenix

^..^
smiley - fish

me again ...

Post 9

Yael Smith

Who?-My Irish boyfriend Michael, and I'll be online less starting next week, actually, when he gets here. smiley - smiley

me again ...

Post 10

Phoenix

Ahhh, I see. You mentioned 'he' in your post without saying anything about who 'he' was, and it confused me. smiley - winkeye

42!

Phoenix

^..^
smiley - fish

me again ...

Post 11

Yael Smith

Yes, I've noticed...smiley - smiley
It's just that we're the site's famous couple, so I didn't think I should explain...smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Yael Smith

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more