This is the Message Centre for GTBacchus

Long time, no journal

Post 1

GTBacchus

Apparently, it's been close to a year, and a year of RL adventures it's been, largely detached from this online world, which was once my dearest home. It appears that my last posting saw me having just arrived in Portland, Oregon, starting back to school. Well, I'm happy to report that my academic career seems to be going well - I'm actually on track to receive a Masters degree in math in about a year. The current round of courses: Ordinary Differential Equations, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, Topology, and Combinatorics!

Lovely, rainy Portland is home to me now, but I'm currently back in Texas, for my sister's wedding. She and her hubby-to-be have chosen to tie the knot at Scarborough Faire, a popular Renaissance Festival in Waxahachie, a town south of Dallas. We just did a rehearsal and dinner in our 21st Century garb, but for the real deal tomorrow, we'll all be in costume, made up into lords and ladies, knaves and wenches. I've got some sort of burgundy and gold and green oddity, which should be lots of fun.

I haven't contributed any writing here in some time, but I've not entirely given up on my online encyclopaedist calling. At Wikipedia, my handle is the familiar one, so if anyone's interested, I make some kind of edits or additions there roughly weekly, and I'm easy to find. There are a couple of h2g2 projects I'd still like to work on, but it's a question of time, really - I've become a busy man.

smiley - popcorn

That seems to be acceptably concise yet thorough. It's bedtime in Texas, and tomorrow I shall gain a brother-in-law.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

smiley - cheers
GTB

Long time, no journal

Post 2

a girl called Ben

smiley - love

B

PS - I know everything is bigger in Texas, but does Chrismas really last four months? smiley - tongueout

Long time, no journal

Post 3

Researcher U197087

Good to see things are so much better for you these days Tony. smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GTBacchus

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more