A Conversation for Newcomers' Welcome Page

New Users w/c 15 May 2000

Post 61

TheOkapi - Sensitive Scout...So Do It PROPERLY!

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually; you can't expect miracles in the first fifteen minutes....can you?
So here I am, new and, if not exactly puzzled, just a little bemused by the apparent complexity of it all. Nice just to chat for the being and perhaps get into the 'serious' business of writing or contributing something a little later.
This seems to be working, doesn't it?

Post 62

J'au-æmne

very much so. Don't worry about it seeming complex, it is, but you'll soon get accustomed to finding the places you want to go.

Post 63

Joe aka Arnia, Muse, Keeper, MathEd, Guru and Zen Cook (business is booming)

smiley - smiley

Peta is currently trying to map the community out to make getting into the swing of things easier. Good job too smiley - bigeyes

Woo hoo! Even if I mess up my P1 module in two weeks time, my predicted Pure Maths grade is still an A. Warwick is showing signs of being more possible smiley - smiley

Post 64

whizjazzky

Tach!
I'm already exploring this incredible thang for 4 nights. Child is fallen into this well shaft. (means horse has bolted already!)
Be forbearing with me and my made-up english!

Post 65

Summer Dragon

jOANNA,GLAD TO MEET YA. sOMEONE ONTHIS SIGHT REALLY MESSED WITH MY COMPUTER YESTERDAY, JUST GOT IT BACK SO AM OUTTA HERE FOR GOOD. tHIS COMPUTER IS MY JOB.

Post 66

Slarty

Surely Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is the best, it's certainly the most expensive (here), although I suppose if you live in the blue mountains of Jamaica you probably pay more for Nescafe.

Post 67

Cute Red Haired Girl (Medium for the comatosed DD)

When I said park I thought that someone had set up a Hitch Hikers Theme Park. There isn't one of those is there?

Computer damage? Not possible.

Post 68

Peta

That's not possible. There is no way that anything on h2g2 can damage your computer. Your email is not accessible to the Researchers on h2g2, and we do not spam our Researchers. It's our policy and we intend to stick to it. In addition, we do not give your email address to any other company and we never will.

So not us. h2g2 is innocent.

Peta Haigh
Community Editor
h2g2

Post 69

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Hmmm... P1 - sounds like fun! Well, more fun than stuff we've been doing, at any rate! smiley - winkeye

Post 70

J'au-æmne

anything called P1 is a bad thing and should be discouraged.

Post 71

Don't think so... I am working on my M1 grade now. Hmm... now will a shape topple at 30 degrees or will it accelerate linearly *gives up in confusion and buys himself a MCH HUD*

Post 72

Cidhis - Mask

Is that Mechanics?

Post 73

Yes... London Examinations (Edexcel) Mechanics Module One.

Post 74

Gryphon

Hi everyone i am a newbie so be nice and happy smiley - fishing.

Post 75

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

G'day! Glad you found your way over here! Have a smiley - fishsmiley - smiley

Post 76

Lusk

Well you said I was to butt in. I'm new as well.

Post 77

Wireman

Me too. I logged on for the first time last night and I can honestly say it's the most fascinating website I've found in 5 years of surfing. My job consists of long hours doing nothing punctuated by periods of frenetic activity, so I will be around on a nightly basis.
Pleased to meet you all.

Post 78

U128068

Habla espanol, tambien.

Post 79

U128068

should that have been "hablo" ???

Post 80

U128068

Large TM and coke please barperson. Still don't know about the bubbles though...

Key: Complain about this post