A Conversation for Newcomers' Welcome Page

Newcomers 14 Feb 2000- Valentines week

Post 1

Peta

Welcome to all of our new researchers this week, if you have any queries or questions click on my name and I'll do my best to help out.

smiley - smiley
Peta
Community Editor

Post 2

msmonsy

smiley - smiley Happy Valentines Day! smiley - bigeyes
just popping over to say hello to any of the new researchers who might happen by smiley - smiley
monsy smiley - fish

Post 3

minerva

good evening. technically i am not a newcomer, having joined the community some time ago. however, at that time i took one look and fled in disarray. now i am back and hope to be able to find my way around here before too long - i need a new home and this looks pretty good to me.

Post 4

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello to any newbies who find themselves here. Also, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to everyone! smiley - smiley

Post 5

Peta

I remember seeing you here a while back minerva. Welcome back. We're bringing in categorisation in the near future, which will really show what everyone has achieved in the last 8 months. We've got some really good entries now, seeing them within the categories really highlights the diversity of the entries.

I can't wait to see it up and running on h2g2.

It's nice to see you back here. smiley - smiley

Post 6

Young Snugfit

Greetings - I am sort of new. I have been hanging around for a while but not posting. My ambition is to become H2G2's official Racing correspondent. But I will settle for being unofficial at this stage! Basically my page is like a userfriendly version of the Sporting Life. And I have some cracking tips for the weekend.

Peta is there any way we can fiddle with the lay out of the page to expand the journal and put the fora beneath it?

Love and horsey Valentine kisses
Young Snugfit.

Post 7

Anonymouse

*rushes in, panting, pauses to catch breath*

Hi everyone, sorry I'm late!

'Nonnie

Post 8

Is it just me, or does the flow of newbies seem a little slow this week? smiley - smiley

Post 9

FairlyStrange

I'd appologise for being late, but that seems to be my normal way!smiley - winkeye

Yeah......seems to be a slow week!smiley - sadface

Just came by to give a hearty "Hey Ya'll" to the new Reasearchers!...If ya'need anything, jus' holler!smiley - smiley

NM

Post 10

Fluff McFluffy a.k.a Fluffy the Vampire Slayer

Hi Justin! I'm doubly new as I accidentally opened two accounts. One from home and one from college.
Can you help me? I've read all the stuff but I can't figure out how to get my article on expanding ya memory approved. In fact I can't even get it to be a guide entry. Half of it is the intro to my home page - please feel free to give me your opinion. I could do with a friendly word as all I've managed to do so far is get in a fight with someone called Monkey boy. smiley - winkeye

Post 11

I've left a message on your home page - I think its marked 'Home Pages' or something. It should have all the relevant stuff. smiley - smiley

Post 12

Pleuntje

Ok then, I've had enough of being anonymous, so here I am: making my presence known. I am very much a newbie around here and I appreciate everyone's warm welcome. I sofar cruised around the guide, had a great time and I already feel the guide will contribute to my life in a very positive way. I only hope I'll get to the stage of contributing to the guide...
Pleuntje

Post 13

Livzy

It's Friday and as I have been "on line" for about a week or so I thought I better say hello to everybody. (Or those that can be arsed to check the newcomers at least)

Post 14

Dustman

As if by magic... another newbie arrives!
I've been semi-aware of this site for a while and have only just got round to paying a visit.
I always get excited like a small child when I find a cool new thing like this.
Hi to all other newcomers smiley - smiley

Post 15

Hello to all three of you! Feel free to drop by any time! smiley - smiley

Post 16

jezebel

hiah Pleuntje

a huge hello to you- hope to bump into you again!
big kiss

jezebel

Post 17

Anonymouse

Hi Fluffy, Pleuntje, Livzy and Dustman. smiley - winkeye

Welcome to the party! smiley - winkeye

'Nonnie

Post 18

Tatty42

OK, I've been here about 2-3 weeks, BUT In my recent efforts to change my email address, I've accidently registered twice!smiley - sadface So, why come here? Because I know that this is usually a busy forum/conversation and there's always loads of people around to help!

What can I do about this regstering dilema? Owt or Nowt? Help please!

Well, I only just scrape into this week, but...

Post 19

Al Kennedy

Hi. I'm blatantly new, so much so that I'm about to ask something which will no doubt have every sane member of the community screaming 'RTFFAQ' at me - except I have already read it and can't find my solution...

Okay, basically, what it is is this - eager ol' me put in a short entry on Twix. Really it was just to test it out. However, 'tain't in the search engine. Is this something I've done, or is the answer 'have patience, young one...'?

I don't know. That much, at least, is obvious.

(If I do get it working alright, then my next few intended entries include The Egg - not the egg, you understand - Your Sinclair and Terry Gilliam. The usual proviso of 'stop me if you've heard this one' applies, natch.)

Sorry for coming across so garbled. I'm not usually this disorientated.

No Subject

Post 20

Al Kennedy

Yeah, I know. It's in now.I should have been more patient. Sorry.

But hey! I'm still new. Annoying, maybe, but I'm still here. Evahbody say hi! smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post